Why aren't my blog entries appearing on Shopify?

elysianalchemy
9 0 0

Hello, I have a blog and none of the entries are showing up. I posted one a couple months ago and that was the only one showing up so i deleted it. The others still aren’t showing up. 

Thanks in advance. 

Replies 9 (9)

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2282

Is there an example url you can share? Perhaps a link to the article, and a link to the blog url that should show it.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
elysianalchemy
9 0 0

The website is www.elysianalchemy.com 

The blog was an Introduction to Katja Moon 

stackedstoked
Visitor
1 0 0

Good day. 

We are using the Minimal theme and have these apps installed:  

1.  Product Reviews
  2. Product Reviews and photos - EA
  3. Sales Pop-Up Conversion Pro

We have not made any changes to the theme's coding. Could any of these apps be the reason why our blog entries are not showing up on our website?

Our website is stackedstoked.com

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@stackedstoked it's hard to say what could be the trouble without looking at your account. Since this is a public forum we cannot provide that type of support here for the security and privacy of your account.

That said, have you worked through the troubleshooting portion in my previous reply in this same thread? What were the results from this for you?

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

cultofreason
9 0 0

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 4.32.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-04 at 4.32.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-04 at 4.33.39 PM.pngHi, I've gone through the troubleshooting steps listed above and still can't see my first blog post. here's a link to my blog page: https://cultofreasonskin.com/blogs/cult-of-reason-blog

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 4.28.33 PM.png

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @elysianalchemy!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I'd be happy to help with some troubleshooting here. Before I add some solutions in this post, I'd like to start with some general troubleshooting steps and questions that will help you and me pinpoint what might be happening.

Troubleshooting Part 1

Make sure that your blog has been published for viewing. I went to your site and couldn't find a blog section here www.elysianalchemy.com/blogs. Blog posts are not set to visible by default so be sure to set that visibility setting in your blog post settings.

If it's already set to visible, and you're still not seeing it, add it to a blog collection and/or make sure to add it to the site navigation so that your customers can access it.

Once you've worked through those, let me know here if you're able to solve that. If not, please drop a screenshot of your blog settings and a direct link to your blog post so we can do some more technical troubleshooting.

Blog tips

Let me say that I'm thrilled that you're writing up blog posts for your site. It's such a great tool for not only building an informative area of your store but also to build some long-lasting trust with your customers.

Another mega benefit of using blogs is your SEO. Perhaps you're already aware that SEO improves with the use of written content on your site. The more written content you have throughout the site, the better that search engines will be able to index your pages and make them easily searchable to potential customers. This is a great FREE way to bring in new traffic to your store.

A couple of tips though to help make sure you get great SEO results:

• Have a look at our help center page for blog post ideas
  • Make sure you write a minimum of 300 words per blog post to help optimize better
  • Use keywords in your written content in a high-quality way, don't just drop a lot of keywords without it making relevant sense to the blog topic
  • Use blogs to help explain how your product works, lists of other products that will work with yours even if they aren't sold in your store
  • Collaborate with other bloggers to create new content for your blog and promote yourself with theirs
  • Try to release a blog at least once a month to stay consistent and keep your site optimized

We've also got a fantastic SEO checklist to take a look at as well.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

elysianalchemy
9 0 0

I had a blog up until i deleted one of the blog posts. it was the first one and only one that ever showed up. the following three did not and now blog is gone completely. I am not seeing how to add it to my navigation but will spend some time today trying to figure it out. Thank you. 

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@elysianalchemy Sure thing! Use the links that I provided in my reply. Those go straight to the help center guide that has step-by-step or video tutorials on how to do those tasks. Keep me in the loop once you've done that!

bringhappydays
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello I am helping setup our Pretty Little Liars Shopify and we are having the same issues and I have tried the above suggestions and we will are having issues.   Can you take a look at it and let me know what we are missing.    I did see somewhere to enable Blogging but we can't find that.  Thank you.