Blog filters (tags) in dawn theme

Itsaso
Visitor
3 0 2

Hello!

I recently changed my theme to Dawn theme. 

Blog is a big part of my store, and I've just discovered that in Dawn theme tags are not visible and there's not even possible to filter in the blog "news" page.

Blog de Writeres - Aprende de Marketing y redes sociales

I've some questions, if any of you know : )🙂

1. Is there any way to show tags in a blog post?

I can create them, but then are not visible anywhere on the article.

Itsaso_2-1636801870496.png

2. Is it possible to add a filter option in the "news" page?

At the moment the only options for the users is just go page by page, and It'd be great to have some kind of filtering option (tags, date)

Itsaso_1-1636801832652.png

3. The same way I can put a block with a concrete product collection I'd love to do the same with the blog post.

For example, choose to show all the blog post related to a specific tag! But it seems I only can choose to preview the

last blogpost. 

Itsaso_3-1636801974145.png

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Replies 4 (4)

Choong_HueApps
Shopify Partner
156 9 15

Hey there, 

It really depends on the theme where the blog posts tags would be shown and how they would be used to filter articles. I bumped into the same issues many times for my clients, and I end up creating an app for them, so they can set up the filters with tags and edit it anytime by themselves.

Here's a screenshot of the filters created by my app Blog Posts Articles Filter PRO, you can try it out for free here.

I'd love to know what you think and if this solves your problem.

I have also created a tutorial to setup our app on the Dawn theme, feel free to check it out here.

🙂

shopify-recipe-blog-filter.jpeg

Blog Articles Filter & Search PRO ➜ Blog Article Tag filters + Blog Article search + Featured Articles for Shopify blog.
Itsaso
Visitor
3 0 2

Hi @Choong_HueApps 

Thanks for your reply.

In this case is the Dawn Theme.

Thanks, 

jetro4u
7 0 0

This can easily be setup in theme. I am working on  a theme now and I am able to show a category of tags in the custom sidebar, under each post beside the author and date, on the article page itself in a row. In the theme setting the user can decide to disable or show the tags in any of these areas. 

Please note that this require advance knowledge plus my theme is still a work in progress as I want to make sure most of the features that most users use app for are built into the team so they can divert the money into promotion.

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution.

Contact me for Theme Customization, Migration to Shopify 2.0, Bug Fixes, Feature addition, Store Development, Product Research & Upload, SEO, Speed Optimization.
Hire me on Upwork

Whatsapp: +2347066999466

Email me: jetroolowole@gmail.com

arbee
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Not sure if you found a solution, but this is what I did to add tags to my blog post (your first question). I needed to edit the code to do this, adding it under the header in main-article.liquid. Here is the code I added: 

{% if article.tags %}Tags: {% for tag in article.tags %}{{ tag }}{% endfor %}{%- endif -%}

If you want the tags separated by commas, add this after {{tag}}: {% unless forloop.last %}, {% endunless %}