Blurry photos and footer logo, Narrative theme.

jazeena
Visitor
3 0 0

I'm new to using Shopify and I have a developer helping me customize my site. However he doesn't know why the images on the shop page are at such a low resolution or why the footer logo looks so blurry. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For me, on the product page when I uploaded the images they look really sharp but then when they render on the product page they look terrible. 

Site: https://jazeena.com/

Password: jaz

Replies 7 (7)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hi, @jazeena.

The store looks great so far. Congratulations on the progress you and your developer have made!

The general guidelines are that your product images can be any size up to 4472 x 4472 px, or 20 megapixels, but 2048 x 2048 px usually looks best. Can you tell me a bit more about the logo and product images, in terms of their dimensions and file sizes? I'm happy to check in with our Theme Support team to see if they have any advice for you in this case.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

GatienC
Excursionist
18 0 7

Hi guys, 

I'm having the same issue. All my images on the homepage of my website seem to come out a little blurry...

I have tried downloading the imagery in different sizes 800 x 800, 1080 x 1080, 2048 x 2048, and even 4096 x 4096 - but it doesn't seem to make the images crisp on the homepage.

I'd love to know if there is anything that can be done to help.

osorealcereal.com

Pass: Osoreal1

Thank you

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@GatienC wrote:

Hi guys, 

I'm having the same issue. All my images on the homepage of my website seem to come out a little blurry...

I have tried downloading the imagery in different sizes 800 x 800, 1080 x 1080, 2048 x 2048, and even 4096 x 4096 - but it doesn't seem to make the images crisp on the homepage.

I'd love to know if there is anything that can be done to help.

osorealcereal.com

Pass: Osoreal1

Thank you

Hi, @GatienC!

To confirm, is your store also using the Narrative theme? I recommend updating your theme to ensure you're using the latest version.

Updating your theme should resolve the issue, as the latest versions of all themes use responsive images. This means that as long as you're uploading high quality images, the theme should be able to resize them to best fit any device. Let me know how it goes!

GatienC
Excursionist
18 0 7

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am also using the Free Narrative theme correct.

I do not see any available updates for the theme, however. The latest version I am using is Narrative version 10.6.1.

To be clear, the resizing is alright, I don't find it particularly great because usually it distorts the image on mobile compared to widescreen. But the main issue is generally the high resolution quality of the uploaded imagery. 

As you can see on the attached screenshot that was taken straight from my website, the image is blurry when the uploaded image was high-res. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 14.33.02.png

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@GatienC wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am also using the Free Narrative theme correct.

I do not see any available updates for the theme, however. The latest version I am using is Narrative version 10.6.1.

To be clear, the resizing is alright, I don't find it particularly great because usually it distorts the image on mobile compared to widescreen. But the main issue is generally the high resolution quality of the uploaded imagery. 

As you can see on the attached screenshot that was taken straight from my website, the image is blurry when the uploaded image was high-res. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 14.33.02.png

Thank you for confirming the theme version and sharing this screenshot. 

Our Theme Support team might be able to take a closer look into this and provide advice specific to the image type and size you're using. In order to put you in touch with that team, please get in touch via live chat, email, or callback in the Shopify Help Center.

GatienC
Excursionist
18 0 7

Thanks for the tip.

I have followed all the links to try and find the email address, or chat, but there must be an issue with the links, they simply bring me back to the contact support page...

So I can't actually seem to get through to anybody relevant.

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@GatienC wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

I have followed all the links to try and find the email address, or chat, but there must be an issue with the links, they simply bring me back to the contact support page...

So I can't actually seem to get through to anybody relevant.

Thanks for letting me know! If the page is bringing you back to where you started, you might be clicking the "24/7 Support" link in the footer rather than the Continue button to get to the contact options. Here are the steps to follow in order to access support via live chat, email, or callback:

1. From the Shopify Help Center, Log in to your existing account
  2. In the "Ask about a topic field", type the topic you're looking for help with and click Search
  3. Relevant help documents will populate, but you can scroll down and click Continue to contact our team so that we can connect you with Theme Support

11-32-38187-86753

If you are already clicking the green Continue button and are still being pulled back to the main page, please try clearing your cache, check for browser updates, or try another browser or device to troubleshoot.