Brooklyn theme - Add pages that look like the homepage?

Don99Jon
2 0 1

Hi! 

I feel like this is a pretty simple thing, but I can't figure it out. Exactly how the homepage has sections, I'd like to be able to have sections and add slideshows and drag n drop elements on a different page (other than the homepage) But when I create a new page Its just a simple text/image page with no ability to add sections. Is there a way to do this? 

When I create a new page the only two template options are "full width" and "Contact" I imagine if there was a "homepage" template it would work? 

(Also note - I have a very basic understanding of coding)

Thanks!

UmairA
Shopify Partner
940 86 187

Hi there @Don99Jon,

The homepage has these sections because it's a template that is coded and can be found in your theme's "Templates" folder. If you to create a similar page you need to make a new template for it and code it the way you want you can also reuse a section from the homepage with some code. You can do this only if you've experience with Shopify code otherwise you can hire a developer.

Hope it helps

Need help with theme customization or to add a new feature? Hire me
Email: umairabbascs@gmail.com
WhatsApp: WhatsApp
Theme customization | Custom coding | Store Setup | SEO Audit | Speed Optimization | Tweaks & Bugs fixing
0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
22406 2273 8355

@Don99Jon 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!
Thanks for your good question.

you have able to same home shopify new feature 

https://www.shopify.com/partners/blog/shopify-online-store

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Don99Jon
2 0 1

@KetanKumar

Oh interesting, thats great that this functionality will be standard soon. Has the free Brooklyn theme been updated to the 2.0 version somewhere? Can I just upgrade my theme easily?

0 Likes