Solved

Brooklyn Theme - Need to change "Continue shopping here" destination

stevefar
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi,

I'd like to change the link on my cart page that says "Continue shopping here"

I would like the link to go to a collections page I created with Zipify pages, or just remove the word "here" and the link altogether. 

I believe the code I need to edit is in my cart.liquid file:

<p class="cart--continue-browsing">{{ 'cart.general.continue_browsing_html' | t: link: routes.all_products_collection_url }}</p>

I've worked with Shopify Support to find a solution on this, but they weren't able to help me. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @stevefar 

While coding support is outside my scope of support, I do have a suggestion here for you that I thought I'd mention. 

You are able edit this specific link and text through the language editor. Here are the steps to do that:

1. Login to your Shopify Admin.

2. Head to Online Store >Themes.
3. Next to your current theme (Brooklyn), Click Actions > Edit languages. 

4. Toggle to the Cart section.
5. Scroll down until you find the Continue browsing html text box. 
6. Edit the link and text as desired, and click Save

Here's a screenshot of the Continue browsing html text box in the language editor in Brooklyn:

25-03-46342-45528

Let us know how this goes!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @stevefar 

While coding support is outside my scope of support, I do have a suggestion here for you that I thought I'd mention. 

You are able edit this specific link and text through the language editor. Here are the steps to do that:

1. Login to your Shopify Admin.

2. Head to Online Store >Themes.
3. Next to your current theme (Brooklyn), Click Actions > Edit languages. 

4. Toggle to the Cart section.
5. Scroll down until you find the Continue browsing html text box. 
6. Edit the link and text as desired, and click Save

Here's a screenshot of the Continue browsing html text box in the language editor in Brooklyn:

25-03-46342-45528

Let us know how this goes!

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

Future readers note in some themes the localization logic is the opposite where the destination url is in a containing <a> tag.

So it will look like the following code

<a href="{{ routes.all_products_collection_url }}" class="text-link text-link--accent">
{{ 'cart.general.continue_shopping' | t }}
</a>

Which means you cannot change the url through editing the translation value alone and will have to go into the relevant cart template files.

Technical - because that would be trying to render a <a> link inside another <a> link which is invalid html , and this can create theme issues if it somehow renders unencoded i.e. not: &lt;a href=&quot;/&quot;&gt;Continue shopping&lt;/a&gt;

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

stevefar
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you! I had looked at that section before and tried to replace the word "link" with my desired link, which wasn't working.

I just deleted everything after Continue browsing, and it removed the word and link altogether. That works for me!

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Ah great news. Glad you managed to figure it out, nice work!

Thanks for updating the topic as solved for the benefit of others. 

Thanks to @PaulNewton for the extra context for others users and themes as well!