'Buy It Now' button missing Dawn theme?

Gen-Audio
Pathfinder
114 0 22

Hi,

I have noticed there is the 'buy it now' button missing from my product pages. Why is this and how can I add them?

Many thanks

Replies 5 (5)

Trench94
Shopify Partner
3 1 2

I would go to your theme customize screen, navigate to a product page and look at the settings for that template. It could be you need to add the block manually.

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Gen-Audio.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have let us know which theme you are using, that is very helpful! Just to gather some additional context, did you make any recent changes to your product pages within the Theme Editor?

Looking into the Dawn theme, we can navigate to the Theme Editor and customize the product page. Once you are looking at the product page, you can select the Buy Buttons section to Show dynamic checkout buttons, selecting this option should allow the Buy it now button to appear below Add to cart. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

12-10-92038-23526

Looking forward to your response, let me know if that does the trick.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Gen-Audio
Pathfinder
114 0 22

Hi Ollie

I am using Dawn 2.4.0

I did this a moment ago. In the theme editor it shows the 'buy it now' button fine but when I check it online live this button is replaced by the paypal button! Very frustrating 

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Gen-Audio.

Thanks for the quick response.

I reached out to an internal team to gather more context on this. I have been informed that the Buy it now button will be converted to the Buy with PayPal button when the PayPal gateway is connected to your Shopify store.

In this case, since the Dawn theme is designed and supported by Shopify, we can use free design time for Shopify themes to have our team make the change on your behalf.

If you are interested in using the design time, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before speaking with Support Advisor.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog