Buy now button not displaying for some products

Not applicable

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you would be able to help. For some reason on my website the buy now button only displays on certain products.

See here it works on this one - https://directcomputers.co.uk/products/hp-prodesk-400-g6-sff-intel-core-i5-9500-8gb-ram-256gb-ssd-wi... 

but doesn't work on this one - https://directcomputers.co.uk/products/amd-saturn

Does anyone know why?

Thank you,

Reply 1 (1)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hey @Anonymous 

Thank you for providing those links to your store regarding the issue with the 'Buy it now' button not showing on certain products. There can be a number of factors causing this, which I am happy to walk you through. Just to let you know, I am seeing the same issue my side. Can I get you to confirm a few things for me:

• How was the button added? Was it via coding or enabling it in your theme customizer?
  • Have you tested this issue out on a preview of a different theme?
  • What is the name of the theme you are using?

A good place to start is to check if the theme is up-to-date. Sometimes the theme made need an update here and double-checking the dynamic checkout settings are available within the theme. If you take a look at your theme by visiting online store > themes > customize and clicking on the three dots next to the theme's name, you can check what the latest version may be. Here is an example of that below from my own store.

26-52-10462-47832

While you are in the customizer, you can also check if the 'show dynamic checkout' button has been enabled or not. Once on the product page, click on the Product pages section on the left-hand side of the editor. You can find these steps on how to do that right here. In addition to that, this doc also provides some common reasons as to why the button may not show. Here is an example below of how it should show once it is enabled.

26-52-53203-23839

If the option to 'show the dynamic checkout' is present within your theme's settings, then the theme has it built in. If not, you may need to update your them following this guide here.

Some apps can also conflict with the 'buy it now' button. If you have any apps that interact with the checkout, they may not be compatible with the 'buy it now' button. It is worth reviewing your apps to see if one may be the culprit here.

Aside from that how are you finding things on your store so far? I'd love to help you out with some business growth ideas - is there anything you'd like to improve or change? 

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog