buying a theme

Hayleyk22
1 0 0

Im trying to buy a store theme but it keeps saying I don't have permission.  I am the owner and only person on the permissions? Any ideas how to fix this?

Reply 1 (1)
Lilith
Shopify Staff
601 72 161

Hi, @Hayleyk22! First, let's do a few troubleshooting steps so we can figure out what exactly is happening.

If you head over to your account settings, if you're logged into the account owner profile you should be able to see all available options to edit the account.

Did you create a staff account perhaps to test anything? If so you can check if you're logged into the right account by checking the account settings above.

When you try to purchase a theme, do you have a screenshot of what that error message looks like?

If you're logged into the account owner profile and have confirmed that, and you're not able to purchase anything from the theme store, double-check your payment method as well. If there aren't enough available funds (perhaps a recent card payment hasn't been processed yet) you can confirm that by checking your payment method/bank account.

However, if at the end of this you still encounter that error, there may be more at play here and you can head on over to our contact page to get in touch with our live support team. They'll be able to authenticate you as the account owner. Be sure to provide them with the results of the troubleshooting steps above as they will ask for these.

Let me know what your results are from the troubleshooting steps here.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog