Can I use SGV file format as my logo file in Shopify Theme (eg Brooklyn)

Chandanrajg
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi,

I would like to use SGV file as my logo file in Shopify free theme Brooklyn. At the moment, I am using a png file but the logo looks dull and not sharp. 

So could you please let me know if it possible to use the SGV file and if yes, please guide me on how to achieve that. Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Chandan

Replies 5 (5)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @Chandanrajg 

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing troubles getting your logo to appear clearly on your store. SVG file types are not supported. The supported image types on Shopify are: 

• JPEG or JPG
  • Progressive JPEG
  • PNG
  • GIF

If you upload an image that isn't a supported format, then it's converted to either JPEG or PNG. Most image formats are converted to JPEG. We typically recommend using PNG files for logos. What are the dimensions of your image? We have a help document called uploading images that contains all this information, as well as more details regarding compression rates and upload limits. We also have a blog article on image optimization tips, which may help you in adjusting your image. Lastly, Out of the Sandbox (a theme developer) has an article on ways to make your logo look it's best on your Shopify theme. I'd recommend going through that article, and seeing if their suggestions can help you. 

Let us know how this goes, and if you manage to get some improvements! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Chandanrajg 

yes you can use svg logo doesn't matter theme

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Chandanrajg
Tourist
7 0 2

@KetanKumar 

That's great. Could you please provide me the steps on how to do that. That would be really helpful.

Thanks

Chandan

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@Chandanrajg 

you have modification header code change jpg to svg file icon code

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
Chandanrajg
Tourist
7 0 2

@KetanKumar 

I already have a ".svg" file of my logo. I hope that is what you are referring to.