Cant Add Products to Cart When Testing if Checkout is Working

StuPot
2 0 1

Hello i've encountered a problem i cant seem to fix and could really do with some help please.

The website is not currently active, when i go onto the website to try out a test sale it will not let me add any products to my cart, yet it lets me click 'Buy it now'....ive tested the cart out in the past and there was no problem but now it will not let me add anything to the cart and i dont know why.

Please can somebody help me with this problem as i am now completely clueless as to what to do.

website: Products – AB Sealants Northern Ltd (ral-sealants.co.uk) 

Fusionscents
Tourist
9 0 2

im having the same issue hoping someone replies to me soon, it just randomly started

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1240 122 175

Hey, @StuPot.

Thank you for joining the thread.

I was unable to take a closer look, as the password protection is enabled on your storefront. However, do you recall installing any new apps or making changes to your theme's coding?

The reason I'm asking is because I have seen this type of issue when some third-party apps aren't set up properly. If you're unable to identify or resolve this issue, then this is something that our Support team can help you with. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. To get in touch with our Support team, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account.

I'd love to know if our Support team can help you resolve the issue. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1240 122 175

Hey, @Fusionscents.

Thanks for joining the thread.

I understand you're having the same issue, where you're unable to add products to the cart. So that we can further assist you, can you share more details of any recent changes? Were there any new apps installed or changes made to your theme's coding?

If there weren't any changes made and the issue appeared randomly, then it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, our Support team can assist you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Contacting our Support team would likely help identify and find a resolution more quickly. Nevertheless, I'd also be happy to take a closer look. Could you share your store URL?

Fusionscents
Tourist
9 0 2

Hey! Thanks for responding, I haven't added any new apps but after hours of exhaustion options myself I did reach out to support and a ticket has been created so I'm just waiting to hear back now! Chat support took a look and it's something in the theme so she escalated it. Hopefully it's easily and quickly resolved so I don't miss many sales

StuPot
2 0 1

Hi @Elias 

Ive not installed any apps that make a change to the code since i last did a test on the store, im not sure what it is thats happening but i may just need to submit a support ticket to get it fixed, the store is password protected for the time being as it is not active yet but will be activating finally in a short while once this problem is fixed.

Thanks, Stu.

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1240 122 175

Hi, @StuPot.

Thank you for following up!

It does seem strange for an issue like this to appear out of the blue, so I think it's best to submit a support ticket. From there, our Support team can authenticate your account and take a closer look. Our Support team can also loop in our Technical or Theme Support teams to help with the investigation. 

I'd love to know if our Support team can help identify the issue. Keep me posted!

0 Likes