Cart Drawer not updating added products

wsp624
1 0 0

I am having problems with my cart drawer. When products are added when the cart drawer is enabled on my theme the product do not automatically show up in the drawer. It still shows as empty. If if i go to the actual cart page the products are shown in the cart. I am trying to figure out a solution to this as I would like to permanently move to the cart drawer option for my website. 

Replies 3 (3)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
1253 150 274

Hey, @wsp624 

In my experience, the cause of this is almost always due to the code of your theme, and any recent app additions may cause the app drawer to stop functioning as you want it to due to compatibility issues. I have a few quick questions/instructions.

1. Try downloading a clean copy of the theme > preview the store on that theme > test the functionality of the cart drawer. Does it work? If so, it's coding related and you will want to undo changes made recently to isolate a cause

2. Was the drawer working at one point? If so, do you recall any changes from the time it worked to now?

3. What is the name of the theme you are using

4. If you have installed apps recently, what are the names of them?

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
9829 2237 3078

@wsp624 

Please check your assets/global.js file .

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | Bag is a cart drawer that maximizes your sales. View app →
BinalSavani
Shopify Partner
164 13 32

Hello @wsp624,

In the meantime the problem is solved, you can use the iCart Cart Drawer Cart Upsell app.

Binal Savani | iDentixweb

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!