Cart notification not showing in Dawn theme

BOILISÉ
1 0 1

Hi,

I've been modifying the Dawn theme in order to implement the possibility to add customization options on products following conversation below:

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/line-item-properties-in-dawn-theme/td-p/1267149/

However, when I add a product to the cart now I do not have the following events happening:

- Cart icon in header does not change to include the number of items in the cart

- Cart notification popup does not show

I've tried the following to correct the issue without success:

- Re-initialize product-form.js using the source code from github's dawn.2.0.0 (which was my original version of the theme)

- Use a brand new dawn theme with no code or theme changes

When I debug in Firefox I can see the following error message upon clicking on "Add to cart button" but I can't find a way to fix it.

TypeError: t.sections is null

renderContents cart-notification.js:37
renderContents cart-notification.js:36
onSubmitHandler product-form.js:29
promise callback*onSubmitHandler product-form.js:28
t product-form.js:7
<anonymous> product-form.js:2
Do you have any suggestion on how to re-implement the cart notification functionality ?

Thanks.
Nikhil_M
2 0 0

@BOILISÉ wrote:

Hi,

I've been modifying the Dawn theme in order to implement the possibility to add customization options on products following conversation below:

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/line-item-properties-in-dawn-theme/td-p/1267149/

However, when I add a product to the cart now I do not have the following events happening:

- Cart icon in header does not change to include the number of items in the cart

- Cart notification popup does not show

I've tried the following to correct the issue without success:

- Re-initialize product-form.js using the source code from github's dawn.2.0.0 (which was my original version of the theme)

- Use a brand new dawn theme with no code or theme changes

When I debug in Firefox I can see the following error message upon clicking on "Add to cart button" but I can't find a way to fix it.

TypeError: t.sections is null

renderContents cart-notification.js:37
renderContents cart-notification.js:36
onSubmitHandler product-form.js:29
promise callback*onSubmitHandler product-form.js:28
t product-form.js:7
<anonymous> product-form.js:2
Do you have any suggestion on how to re-implement the cart notification functionality ?

Thanks.

I am having the same issue! Please help anyone!!

0 Likes