Solved

Can you limit cash on delivery option to certain items in Shopify?

Dxbdubai
Tourist
5 0 1

I try from 3 days to find to get a solution

I want COD option showing only for some items .. i hope you can help me with that please

Accepted Solution (1)
Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Dxbdubai,

Right, I see. I can certainly see why having the ability to limit which products can be purchased via Cash on Delivery would be helpful, and as mentioned, I will be sure to communicate this feedback to our development team. For the time being, I do believe providing clear instructions on what can and can't be paid for with cash on your site would be helpful and would prevent the majority of customers from choosing this method when they shouldn't. If they do, cancelling the order and communicating with the customer to inform them they need to pay via a different method can still be done.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @Dxbdubai,

Thank you for getting in touch. I am afraid that at this time, it is not possible to restrict payment methods to specific products and collections. This means that if you do enable Cash on Delivery on your store, it can be used as a payment method for all products on your store. I will pass your feedback onto our development team for their consideration as I know restricting payment methods to specific products or customers would be a popular option for some merchants.

One thing I can recommend is including clear instructions on your store regarding payment methods, to at least notify customers that they can or can't use certain payment methods for some products. You can list this in the product descriptions and also in the instructions section for Cash on Delivery:

18-51-60392-88381

This section can be used to inform customers that they can't use the COD option for some products, and that their orders will be cancelled if they opt to use this method. Providing these instructions won't prevent customers from selecting it at checkout, but it will at least inform them ahead of time which products they can choose to pay for with cash.

Can you also tell me more about your business, and what you sell? Which sort of products would you be happy to accept cash on delivery for and which ones wouldn't you?

Dxbdubai
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks you some much for your fast answer and really that making me little sad that this option not work ..i sell some off sunglasse and perfumes and necklaces for cash on delivery the perfumes and necklaces witch is in my local area so the best choice for it cash on delivery  and .. Shopify believe me the best but making option for some countries and some products COD this will help so much 

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Dxbdubai,

Right, I see. I can certainly see why having the ability to limit which products can be purchased via Cash on Delivery would be helpful, and as mentioned, I will be sure to communicate this feedback to our development team. For the time being, I do believe providing clear instructions on what can and can't be paid for with cash on your site would be helpful and would prevent the majority of customers from choosing this method when they shouldn't. If they do, cancelling the order and communicating with the customer to inform them they need to pay via a different method can still be done.

Dxbdubai
Tourist
5 0 1

Yeah .. iIndeed, I followed your wonderful advice and did this information.. I hope you will not consider my business

Many thanks mate Victor

Dxbdubai
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello victor i hope you are good

still am waiting any good news…

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @Dxbdubai,

I hope you're well. I submitted your feature request after we last spoke, and it has been logged with our development team. However, logging a request does not mean it will be granted and even if it is, the change may not be made for some time. Our team regularly review the feedback provided to us from merchants and use that information to make decisions on how to develop the platform, but I would not expect this to change anytime soon. Moving forward I would recommend following the steps I provided in my last message.

Eiriniawatara
4 0 0

The cash on delivery issue is very important especially for domestic sales that customers feel more safe....

I migrated from woocomerse to Shopify and I am really happy for this. The only issue that made me disappointed is this matter.

If this not going to be fixed soon I will loose a lot of customers.

MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
314 24 60

Hi @Eiriniawatara @Dxbdubai 

It's not possible to limit the COD option only for specific items if you are using Shopify Checkout for your Cash on Delivery orders.

If you use our app QuickForm - COD Order Form https://apps.shopify.com/releasit-cod-order-form you can create a separate order form for Cash on Delivery and you can limit the form to only the products you want if you use this setting on the app:

MarcoReleasit_0-1631861573112.png

You can install the app on your store for free and if you need help at any moment don't hesiate to contact us so that I will be able to help you configure the app on your store!

Hope this helps!

Install Releasit Cash On Delivery for free here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee
Add a fee to Cash on Delivery and limit COD based on any condition (order total, location, products, collections, etc.)
Eiriniawatara
4 0 0

Thank you for your reply . I don t  want to limit COD to products. I want a limit to regions. I mean that I want COD enabled only for Greece.

MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
314 24 60

Hi @Eiriniawatara 

With our app you can also enable the COD order form only for specific countries, like Greece, by enabling this option here:

MarcoReleasit_0-1632896770481.png

When you enable that option and you add Greece the form will only be visible for customers from Greece!

You can install the app for free from the Shopify App Store here: https://apps.shopify.com/releasit-cod-order-form

If you need help with configuring the app or you have any doubts or questions don't hesitate to contact us!

Marco

Install Releasit Cash On Delivery for free here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee
Add a fee to Cash on Delivery and limit COD based on any condition (order total, location, products, collections, etc.)
Eiriniawatara
4 0 0

Dear Marco I cannot find VISIBILITY option in Dashbord

Eiriniawatara
4 0 0

Dear Marco I installed the cod order form.

Do I have to have installed also the Release it  cod fee?

I must have installed both apps?

Thank you