Solved

Change heading and subheading colours - Brooklyn theme

Jane_W
Tourist
3 0 1

I want to change colours of the heading and sub-heading on the hero banner.  My products make for a very monochrome presentation, see screen grab attached (note this is using placeholder photos, not finished quality).  I want to change to our brand signature of orange and warm dark grey for the text.

I have googled a number of solutions but they are all several years old and either I can't find the HTML or their suggestion didn't work.  I am used to coding in VBA but a novice with HTML.

Can anyone help please?  And would you recommend I ask for the 1-hour Shopify free support for this issue?

Accepted Solution (1)
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

This is an accepted solution.

@Jane_W 

Add code Your assets/theme.scss.liquid bottom of the file.

@media screen and (min-width: 769px){
.hero--adapt .hero__title, .hero__slide .hero__title {color: #f37022 !important;}
.hero__slide .hero__subtitle {color: red !important;}
}

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@Jane_W 

Please share your store URL!

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
Jane_W
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi

It's https://quads-mask-in-style.myshopify.com/ but not published yet.  Viewing PW is glildu

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

This is an accepted solution.

@Jane_W 

Add code Your assets/theme.scss.liquid bottom of the file.

@media screen and (min-width: 769px){
.hero--adapt .hero__title, .hero__slide .hero__title {color: #f37022 !important;}
.hero__slide .hero__subtitle {color: red !important;}
}

Thanks!

Jane_W
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you so much for this!  Initially I made the mistake of adding a further bracket, like I could see on the previous code.  It stopped your code working and did other weird things.  Very frustrating!

But I tried again this morning, didn't add anything, and Bingo - it works a treat.  I've backed up a copy of the theme for safety.