FROM CACHE - en_header

Change product pictures display

vigno
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

I'm using Boundless and I'd like to change how pictures are displayed on product pages. Right now they are all big squares (on mobile all at the bottom). I'd like to have one big picture and the others below it in smaller so we can click on it (like on many websites)

Thanks

Replies 5 (5)
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
827 54 126

Hi @vigno

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, here to help.

It sounds like you are hoping to make some customizations to your Boundless theme. These can possibly be done from within your theme editor but to be sure, can you provide an example of the result you'd like to achieve? In the event that this isn't changeable from within your theme editor, we can explore sending your request to our theme department for a closer look. 

Try heading to Online Store > Themes > Boundless > Customize > Product page and toggling these settings: 

If that does the trick, great! If not, let me know and we can get the ball rolling on a theme customization request. 

Cheers for now

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

vigno
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Ren,

I want it to look something like this. With pictures on the side or below the main picture.

There is no option for this in the customization menu.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-04-25_02-26-20.jpg

Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
827 54 126

Hello again! 

Thanks so much for the screenshot example. This is very similar to another one of our free Shopify themes called Venture. Venture allows you to have your product variant thumbnails displayed to the left of the main image or underneath the main image (in mobile view). it's designed for large catalogs, offers a multi-column menu and also enables you to showcase single featured products. 

Definitely download the free copy of Venture and play around to see how you feel about this design. If it's not quite right, we can look into a theme customization request to carry out your vision. Let me know! 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

chachyscreation
1 0 2

Hi.

I have searched the boards and this seems to be my issue also. I did look at the venture template to try to change the photos but my site is already completed as I want it. Is there a way to just customize the way the photo layout is to be the one large picture and either small pictures you click or an arrow to move to the next image?

The_Kin_Thread
1 0 1

Hi Chachysecreation and Shopify Staff,

I am having the same problem too with my Dawn theme and I do not wish to change it to the venture template as well as my site is already completed as I want it. For Chachyscreation, have you figured out a solution around it? If so, it will be much appreciated if you could let us know!

Thank you so much!