Change "Out of Stock" banner text

MocharaUSA
Visitor
3 0 1

When we set up our website we changed the "Out of stock"  banner text to "Coming soon". Now that we are established and have some out of stock items, we would like to change the text back to "Out of stock", but we forgot how we origianally changed it. We are using blockshop 5.5.3 theme. Anyone know where we can change the text on the "out of stock" banners?

Replies 2 (2)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @MocharaUSA.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared as that is helpful! You can change the Out of stock text by changing the language of the theme in question. To do this, you will need to navigate to Online store > Actions > Edit languages. I took a screenshot from my test store of the sections I am referring to:

23-18-52094-26299

Once you are editing the languages of the theme, you can type in the search bar "Out of stock" to make changes to wording.

23-20-34778-56420

Let me know if that does the trick, happy to help out!

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MocharaUSA
Visitor
3 0 1

Thank you for the promt reply. Your instructions were close but not exact. I was able to find the text to change under edit languages. Instead of searching "out of stock" I searched "coming soon" and found all teh text areas to change.