Change the thumbnail for my website URL

Shailesh199419
4 0 0

I would like to change the thumbnail for my website URL, when ever I try to share my URL using Instagram, along with the URL their pops up a zoomed out thumbnail which doesn't look aesthetic so I would like to request you for a solution to change my thumbnail. Thanks in advance.

Replies 7 (7)

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3055

Hi Shailesh199419!

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder.

Regarding your concern about changing the thumbnail when sharing the URL. You can change it in shopify dashboard>online store>preferences> social sharing image. Please check here https://prnt.sc/DD0HDv9ZzC6- I hope this solution is beneficial to you.

Best Regards,
PageFly

Shailesh199419
4 0 0

I tried to change social sharing image from the preference but it changes the thumbnail for the other links for my website, but not for the actual URL of my website homepage

AmitGodoble
Shopify Partner
62 2 5

Have you resized the thumbnail image as 600*600? 

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Shailesh199419
4 0 0

Yes, did that too.

I tried to change social sharing image from the preference but it changes the thumbnail for the other links for my website, but not for the actual URL of my website homepage

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

Hi @Shailesh199419,

You can change the thumbnail by adding a social sharing image. The recommended size is 1200 x 628 px.

You can find the setting from your Shopify admin > Online Store > Preferences > Social sharing image

AvadaCommerce_0-1660606665463.png

Please note that some platforms such as Facebook or Instagram will have your social sharing image cached and may not update immediately on their side. In some cases, it may take 24-72 hours to be updated on other platforms. 

I hope it helps.

banned
Shailesh199419
4 0 0

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

I found this thread that has the solution for this issue.

Hope it helps.

banned