Changing the color of text in bottons

Mike_Pi
3 0 1

Hello, 

I wanted to find out how can I change add to cart button text color. It doesn't seem that there is an option for that in customize themes. 

Also for the hero slide, how can i update background color and and the text within that background color. 

Replies 5 (5)
Hugh_Luong
Shopify Staff
282 0 56

Hi Mike,

Hugh here from Shopify. Here is how you can change the color of the Add to cart text:

• Visit your Online Store > Themes in Admin
  • Click the [...] button for your theme, and choose Edit HTML/CSS
  • Search for the theme.scss.liquid file, under Assets
  • Add this to the very bottom of the file:
  • #AddToCartText {
     color: #HEXCOL;
    }

You can choose a new color by typing it in and replacing #HEXCOL (such as, white; or blue; ), or, choose a hex code here. Here is more code you can add for slider text colors:

/* This one is for the heading in slider */

.hero__slide .hero__title {
}

/* This one is for the sub-heading in slider */

.hero__slide .hero__subtitle {
}

Please let me know if you had any other questions about this!
Hugh

Hugh | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Cherizzle
Excursionist
24 0 4

I am also trying to do this int he Atlantic theme. I want to just change the text in the call to action buttons in the ccs. I can do it in the theme customization but then it will change the buy now button background color.

Thanks

CB

DenMark_11
2 0 0

I'm a first timer user using shopify and I bought the Atlantic theme for my website. Hope you can help me to fix my concern bout the changing the color of the "add to cart" button on collection page using Atlantic theme. I tried many codes I searched on the net and any of the codes on the article work on my website.

Capture.JPG

just want to change the color of the add to cart button and the color of the text to black.

Thanks in advance.

SarbjitGrewal
8 0 0

Thank you, Mike for your amazing reply. I needed this solution as I'm also coping with the same problem while change test color of the buttons.

https://www.tekkiwebsolutions.com/
bocamedtech
1 0 0

i dont see that file under assets. any idea why?