Collection links don't lead to collection but to the main shop page

Delasoul
Excursionist
44 0 3

Hi all,

I am really lost and not getting further. I have big problems with my collections - I created them but even after creating them and clicking on "view" it never shows the just created collection but always leads to my main "shop" page. The same happens if I choose "view all" or the name of each collection in my "shop" page - it just refreshes the page and shows all featured collections etc... but never the actual collection. 

I tried everything - deleted all collections, created them from scratch... tried through the automatic collections with the product tags, the manual collections but it's just not working.

But it always goes back to this view: 

Delasoul_0-1713255965246.png

Ideally I want to have this view as my main "shop" page but then by clicking on the specific collection names or on the "view all" links I only want to have the specific collection viewed...

@Made4uo-Ribe do you maybe have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you so much!

https://casa-amao.com/

Replies 5 (5)

AnneLuo
Shopify Partner
597 120 122

Hi, @Delasoul 

Can you share your settings of featured collection?

If this is helpful, please Like and Accept the solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store? Let me help.
- Feel free to Email Me   

Buy Me A Coffee

Delasoul
Excursionist
44 0 3

... I believe that the problem is already starting here:  after creating a collection and clicking on "view" it ALWAYS in with ANY collection goes to the same page which is called "shop" in my main menu.

Delasoul_0-1713257617430.png

----> 

Delasoul_1-1713257718242.png

Is it possible that this page is my "default template" of the each collection? I would expect that after creating a new collection I just see the products that I have selected for that specific collection and not always linking to this "main collection page"...?

AnneLuo
Shopify Partner
597 120 122

Yes, it's related to your default collection template. You can delete or hide sections that you don't need. It's best to do the action in the theme copy.

If this is helpful, please Like and Accept the solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store? Let me help.
- Feel free to Email Me   

Buy Me A Coffee

Delasoul
Excursionist
44 0 3

But how is this possible, do I have to create for each collection that I created in my dashboard also a template in the online store? I really don't get it. I watched so many videos and it seems like it should just lead to the "collection page" after creating one. But here it's not working.

carbonteal
5 0 0

I was just having this same problem this morning. If you go to your Collection page under Products and change to either basic or brand spotlight on the drop-down menu it should do the trick.
Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 10.58.34 AM.png