Collection Page Images (Debut Theme)

chipdiphooray
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi!

So the images on my collection page are quite dark. I changed the opacity but they are not as bright and as vibrant as the original image.

How can I fix this?!

Replies 13 (13)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12282 2546 3694

@chipdiphooray 

Please share store URL.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
chipdiphooray
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi!

Store is www.chipdiphooray.com.au (I've put the opacity option back on)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12282 2546 3694

@chipdiphooray 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.css file. 

.collection-grid-item__title-wrapper::before {
    background-color: transparent !important;
    opacity: 1 !important;
}

.product-card:focus-within .product-card__image-wrapper, .product-card:hover .product-card__image-wrapper {
    opacity: 1 !important;
}

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
chipdiphooray
Tourist
7 0 4

It has removed the opacity, but the images shouldn't look like that. The original image is this. Notice how brighter they are?

20210908_ChipDipHooray_0H6A8123.jpg20210908_ChipDipHooray_0H6A8329.jpg20210908_ChipDipHooray_0H6A8373.jpg

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12282 2546 3694

@chipdiphooray 

Above code removed opacity. Do you mean images should be more brighter?

chipdiphooray
Tourist
7 0 4

Yes! Notice how they're a darker tone to the original images? They need to be the right colour.

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12282 2546 3694

@chipdiphooray 

I am checking on this page.

https://chipdiphooray.com.au/collections

Images on this page and original images are same. Am I on the correct page?

Let me know.

chipdiphooray
Tourist
7 0 4

Yes. Images are the same but colour is different. This is how I see it.

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 1.22.33 pm.png

They should be brighter as the images above.

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9078 1129 1479

@chipdiphooray - this is your original image, it itself is dark, please add brighter images and then it will look good

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0584/4805/2376/collections/2_360x.png?v=1631664956

To build shopify pages use pagefly
You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
paranormal story video using AI
chipdiphooray
Tourist
7 0 4

That can't be right because I upload the brighter image?

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9078 1129 1479

@chipdiphooray - this is strange then, but images are dark hence the issue... it has nothing to do with opacity, you can contact theme support to ask them

To build shopify pages use pagefly
You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
paranormal story video using AI
chipdiphooray
Tourist
7 0 4

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 1.33.53 pm.png

FDG1
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you so much for this.  I was seriously about to ditch Shopify altogether over how bad the dark images looked.  Perfect now!