Can variants be displayed on a Shopify collection page?

BenH40
Explorer
55 0 20

Afternoon all,

I have started using Variants on some of my products so that I can display ETA's on when they will be back in stock but when you go to the Collection page there is nothing at all. Is a way to make them appear on the collection page or is that something that cant be don at all.

Collection Page 

variant.png

Replies 7 (7)

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@BenH40- can show variants on the collection page, the issue is if variants are added on collection page then many times only the first variants or a single variant is added to the cart,

means if you have 4 variants and you choose 3rd one with quantity 3... it still gets first one with quantity 1 in cart

To build shopify pages use pagefly
You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
paranormal story video using AI
BenH40
Explorer
55 0 20

Hi there thanks for your quick reply and in regards to these variants I'm trying to use, at the moment I'm only using one variant so I can display an ETA for the arrival of new stock so customers have an ETA to know that there product is on order. 

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@BenH40- will this ETA be in a text format? like a notification?

You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
BenH40
Explorer
55 0 20

yes only text is required for this nothing special.

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@BenH40- then it canbe done, we will need to check if product is sold out then the text you want will appear, else will not. if you are not familiar with liquid then I can do it, i will need to send you collab request, please let me know if I can

BenH40
Explorer
55 0 20

Yes thanks for your help I'm happy to work on liquid code in the store as its a great way to learn 

Regards ben

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479
Sure, please let me know if you need anything