How to remove empty collection message from main menu?

habana89s
Excursionist
19 0 4

Morning,

Does anyone knows how to get rid off this message, thats a main menu that i added two submenus (collection) in it, but because i have no product in that main menu now i have that message.

Thanks.

Replies 3 (3)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @habana89s.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate that you have included a screenshot as that is super helpful! Looking into the image, it looks like you should be able to add products directly into the collection that you have created as a subcategory. Once you successfully add your products into the collection the message that is appearing on your online store should disappear and display your products instead.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

habana89s
Excursionist
19 0 4

Hey there,

thanks for your answer, the issue is that i do have products in both men’s clothing and women’s clothing, that notification keeps showing every time i add sub collections, im pretty sure there is something im doing wrong.

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @habana89s.

Thanks for the quick response.

If you have added products in both collections the text should be removed from the online store. With that being said, if you can confirm that you have successfully added products into each of the collections that you have created - It may be best to reach out to our support directly by logging into your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before speaking with a Support Advisor about the subcategories.

Once you login to your store using our Contact Us page, you will be directed to our Help Center. You can type in what you would like assistance with in the search bar, after you search for related articles, you should see the option to Get Support located below the search results.

Alternatively, if you would like, you can use a third-party application form the Shopify App store. I added a couple of recommendations that can assist with building a navigation bar on your online store. Feel more than welcome to check them out and let me know what you think:

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog