Is it possible to customize email confirmations based on customer actions in Shopify?

Giants_Fan
Excursionist
30 0 8

I have customizable products (signs, stickers) where customers can either design online or upload their artwork using a 3rd party app or they can email us their artwork.  The app places 2 buttons on the product page, a "customize" button and an "upload file" button.  The add to cart button is also present. 

I would like to set the product up where if the customer uses the app to either design online or upload their artwork, and then add to cart, they would then get a different email confirmation than if they just click "add to cart" without uploading or designing online.  Is something like this possible?

Or better yet,

I'd like to have the "add to cart" button read, "Email artwork later" if the customer hasn't either uploaded a file or submitted a design through the design online button.  And once the customer either uploads their artwork, or submits a design through the app, then the "email artwork later" button changes to read "add to cart".  The functionality of the button will stay the same either way it reads it will still be the add to cart button.  But if they click it when it reads, "email artwork later" they get an email confirmation asking for their artwork, if they click it when it reads "add to cart" they get an email confirmation explaining that we will send them a proof within 24 hours.

Can anbody help me with this?

product url is: https://nationalsignsource.com/collections/customizable-signs/products/oval-stickers-customize-it

Replies 5 (5)

Giants_Fan
Excursionist
30 0 8

Or I would like it setup where the "add to cart" button is grayed out until the customer either, submits a design through the app, uploads their artwork through the app, or selects yes to a radio option titled, "will email artwork".  This radio option would have to be created.

Giants_Fan
Excursionist
30 0 8

Giants_Fan_0-1634581988039.png

I've gotten this far.  At this point I'd like to add an "email artwork" button to the right of the "upload artwork" button in the attached screenshot?  The design online and upload artwork buttons are buttons for the product customizer app, I'm able to move and stylize the buttons with the js and css in the settings tab, but having trouble figuring out how to add a 3rd button here. If I can add the "email artwork" button here,  would it also be possible to have the "add to cart" button grayed out until the customer activates either the "design online" "upload artwork" or "email artwork" buttons?  The email artwork button doesn't need to do anything except turn on the add to cart button. 

Giants_Fan
Excursionist
30 0 8

bump

Giants_Fan
Excursionist
30 0 8

Giants_Fan_0-1634699609464.png

I've gotten my button the way I wan them now... no thanks to anybody here, lol.  No hard feelings, still working on adding some color changing for the buttons too.  

Back to my original question though.. can I setup my order confirmation email to send a different message based on which "add to cart" button is clicked on?  The way the buttons in the screenshot work is, the "design online" button brings you to the designer, the "upload artwork" button pops up an upload screen, both those buttons after a design is submitted, unhide an "add to cart" button below.  The "email artwork later" is a copy of the add to cart button I made with new text and I gave it a new id...  So should I be able to filter my order confirmation email someway by the unique id's of the 2 add to cart buttons?  Or do I need to add something to the buttons that is "seen" in the cart? 

Giants_Fan
Excursionist
30 0 8

Buhler