Solved

Can't find the settings to remove or adapt the cookie bar in Shopify?

Nickahola
Shopify Partner
74 1 11

Hi. I've asked the theme developers this question (amongst others) but I'm weeks down the line with no fix.

If you visit my site www.silverstork.co.uk - you will see a black cookie bar stating it can easily be adapted or disabled in admin settings. I can't find these settings.

Also I have the EU Cookie bar app installed on my site so underneath this black cookie bar, I have another, the one I think I'd like to use.

My questions are: Which is the best cookie bar to use, one that actually collects the info required and is'nt just for show?

How do I adapt what the text says in the black cookie bar or how do I disable it altogether (if that doesn't stop the required info being collected that is)?

It seems to be such a simple thing to fix but without the knowledge, it becomes the hardest thing to me.

I am using the iOne shopify theme.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)
suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

This is an accepted solution.

@Nickahola - please check language settings, I believe it is shopify function, will not have setting or details in the theme.

You will need to contact shopify support.

To build shopify pages use pagefly
You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
paranormal story video using AI

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@Nickahola - user needs to click on accept on black cookie bar and it will not be shown again.

You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
Nickahola
Shopify Partner
74 1 11

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes I understand that but is it possible to edit the text and colour of the bar/text? 
or even turn it off altogether?

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

@Nickahola - if it is through an app then it is difficult to change text unless they give you an option to do it. or if you want to change color then please add this css to the very end of your theme_core.scss.css file and check, if it works then will look like screenshot below, for now red but you can change color to any shade you want

.popup-cookie {background: #f30505;}

suyash1_0-1652357918429.png

Nickahola
Shopify Partner
74 1 11

Thanks. Didn’t know about that code! This cookie bar isn’t through an app, it’s just the standard one that comes with the theme/or Shopify, I’m not sure. 

if I can edit what the text says in this one then I can turn off the one beneath it. If not then I will need to turn this one off & just use the one beneath it. 

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9077 1129 1479

This is an accepted solution.

@Nickahola - please check language settings, I believe it is shopify function, will not have setting or details in the theme.

You will need to contact shopify support.