Country/Region selector

RVGER
Tourist
10 0 0

Please the country and region selector with the currency format by its sideis not showing on my dawn theme, can anyone help me with that?

i thought it was in built.

please this is my second time asking.

Replies 5 (5)
Mac
Shopify Staff
189 17 27

Hi, @RVGER

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

You mentioned that you are using the Dawn theme and are having troubles viewing the country selector. By default, the storefront language and country selector displays only in the footer section, although this could be nonoperational if the theme’s code has been modified or conflicts with an application installed. Feel free to download a fresh copy of the Dawn theme and see if you are still facing this issue. Please note, that each paid Shopify account receives 60 minutes of design time from Shopify Theme Support. This design time can be used to add specific features to a theme that can help your store make sales. You can find the country selector tool in the list of Theme customizations for Dawn. This customization adds the language and country selector to the header section as well. From there, you can visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Alternatively, you can use Shopify’s Geolocation app as it  lets you recommend the best country and language for your visitors based on their browser preferences and location. These recommendations show up on your online store as a bar or popup. 

I’d also love to know more about your business! It sounds like you are planning on selling in multiple countries. How are your marketing initiatives going? Are you selling the same products to every country? 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

RVGER
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi Mac,

Tried to create a support request but i was unable to.

Please i need someone to help me with the country and region selector on my online store. it is not visible. i am using the dawn theme and still can not get it to show.

i thought it was in built so i did not have to download the geolocation app. 

link:

rvgerclothing.com

Mac
Shopify Staff
189 17 27

Hi again, @RVGER

Thank you for reaching out again and I'm sorry that you were not able to create a support request. Are you able to elaborate on this further? Was the design request not approved or did you have troubles reaching support through chat, email or phone? 

That is correct, storefront language and country selector should be automatically displayed in the footer section. I have taken a look at your store, and was able to locate the country selector here: 

11-44-21632-25889

If you still cannot see it, have you tried installing a fresh copy of your theme to see if this error persist? This will help isolate the issue. 

Looking forward to your response! 

RVGER
Tourist
10 0 0

yes the language selector is visible but the country/region selector is not. thats the problem

Mac
Shopify Staff
189 17 27

Hi again, @RVGER

Thank you for following up and further clarifying your response. Are you able to confirm if you have the country/region selector box checked in the footer section of your theme editor? If so, and the section is not appearing, this may be due to your payments settings. Are you able to confirm which payment gateway you are using and if it is accepted in multiple countries? This will help troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon!