FROM CACHE - en_header

Create a counter with total number of products sold

Senne_Dehandsch
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

We are creating a "timeline" where we will complete a challenge when we sell a certain amount of products.

I've seen questions asked and answered where people want to showcase how many times a certain item have been sold (e.g. social proof, scarcity, ...) but we want to take it a step further. 

I want to showcase the TOTAL number of PRODUCTS sold on the home screen in the form of a counter.
So I would like to create some sort of counter that refreshes in real time as products are being sold.
So the idea is that people can get immediate feedback when they place an order -- they'll see the counter/bar progress. 

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Replies 3 (3)
Dallas
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
916 61 194

Hey, Senne!

My name is Dallas, I'm from the Social Care Team here at Shopify.

To be able to showcase the total products sold on your site you would need to get an app. This app called Sold Stock will be able to show your customers how many were sold of your product. 

What you would want to do is add the app to your site via the Store Admin and then once it is added to your apps you will want to follow the instructions to add the line of code to your site. 

Step 1: Go to Admin > Online Store > Themes.
Step 2: Select your current theme > Edit HTML/CSS.
Step 3: Open your product.liquid  file.
Note: If your product.liquid  template includes section file then find that section file and add below code in it.
Step 4: Copy and paste

{% include 'sold_products' %}

where you want to display sold stock information.
Step 5: Click "Save".

From then on you will be able to just go into your app and add the information that you want to showcase to your customers. 

I hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ZivHodiva
Explorer
45 6 11

Hi,

when I add

{% include 'sold_products' %}

I get an error on the product page saying: missing Snippets/sold_products.liquid

I'm using Brooklyn. Any advice?

Additionally I would like to display the counter only on specific products Or specific collections, and the counter should display 0 when no sales were made for that specific product.

thanks

marv_motors
Tourist
6 1 0

Hello, i have a similar problem without a solution.

i would like to display the actual total number of all products at my starting page.

So if i add some products in the future the counter should automatically increase the number.

Is it possible?

Please feel free to ask for donation if you can handle this problem.

Thanks 🙂