Creating a dynamic link to a product that has a specific metafield

filipeoconde
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

I'm trying to create a button in my home page that link directly to a specific product page. But I'd like to make it update automatically, since this product in question is variable. I explain: the store will have some seasonal products from time to time, and every once in a while one (and just one) of them will be featured as a special product on the home page.

I was thinking of creating a true/false metafield for products, something like: Featured?

It could also be a Highlight/Featured collection, but I'd like the link to go to the product page, not the collection.

Any ideas?

Replies 3 (3)

gr_trading
Shopify Partner
1595 139 172

You want to update the metafield of product to make it featured product?

And that product CTA would be available at homepage?

For any custom development WhatsApp or connect at Email ID: gr.trading15@gmail.com for quick consultation. | YouTube Videos
To support Buy Me a Coffee
filipeoconde
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

I'm not sure yet how (or if) I could use metafields for this. It seems that from the homepage I cannot call a product from a metafield, but rather call a metafield from a product page... I'm not sure if it really goes that way, but it looks like...

The idea is to have a CTA in Homepage that links to a dynamic product link, specified by something flexible (not it's link or name, but could be a meta field or being part of a collection).

Jahid-KlinKode
Excursionist
145 1 4

Hi @filipeoconde, looking for a solution to add a dynamic link to a product that has a specific meta field in Shopify? Watch this YouTube tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGVtvlJT8Y4.