CSS not working on pages in updated 2.0 Theme

Solved
wmcc
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm pulling my hair out trying to see what the issue is here - I have a theme that has been updated to the latest version, it's made the jump to Shopify 2.0 so it's a little different than before. I got all of my settings fixed, everything looks great, but for my content pages CSS styles are not being applied.

 

They are comprised of .JSON blocks or sections, the rest of the page looks correct, but the .JSON section styling had 0 margins and 0 padding and looks terrible. For whatever reason I cannot get the CSS that should be applied working. I've used the element inspector and I see that it is being loaded in the header, but the divs, classes, and ids don't have any of the properties applying to them. All other pages look correct. Help!

 

Mine: https://highfloperformance.com/pages/contact-us

 

How it should look: https://chromium3.arenacommerce.com/pages/contact-us

Accepted Solution (1)
EBOOST
Shopify Partner
524 168 152

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @wmcc 

I saw in the body has a class "template-page-contact" -> it's wrong. It should be "page-contact".

1. Go to Store Online-> theme -> edit code

2. Layout/theme.liquid to update it

EBOOST_0-1674702830851.png

 

Hope can help

If you find my reply helpful, please hit Like and Mark as Solution

EBOOST

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
EBOOST
Shopify Partner
524 168 152

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @wmcc 

I saw in the body has a class "template-page-contact" -> it's wrong. It should be "page-contact".

1. Go to Store Online-> theme -> edit code

2. Layout/theme.liquid to update it

EBOOST_0-1674702830851.png

 

Hope can help

If you find my reply helpful, please hit Like and Mark as Solution

EBOOST
wmcc
Visitor
2 0 0

My man! It was a little tricky, I had to make this change in my theme.liquid:

 

{%- capture body_class -%}
{%- if template.name == 'product' -%}
{%- if template.suffix != blank -%}
{{--}}|template-{{ template | replace: '.', '-' | replace: '/', '-' -}}
{%- else -%}
{{--}}|template-product-{{settings.product_page}}
{%- endif -%}
{%- else -%}
{{--}}|template-{{ template | replace: '.', '-' | replace: '/', '-' -}}
{%- endif -%}

 

to:

 

{%- capture body_class -%}
{%- if template.name == 'product' -%}
{%- if template.suffix != blank -%}
{{--}}|template-{{ template | replace: '.', '-' | replace: '/', '-' -}}
{%- else -%}
{{--}}|template-product-{{settings.product_page}}
{%- endif -%}
{%- else -%}
{{--}}|template-{{ template | replace: '.', '-' | replace: '/', '-' -}}
{%- endif -%}

 

As far as I can tell, this is only affecting my contact/about template page (default page template was fine). I'm assuming it was a typo by theme developers...which they should fix ASAP. Thank you so much!