Currency switcher on Prestige theme

ValtteriM
Tourist
5 0 1

Default currency is EUR wich works fine, but switching into USD, GBP or CAD from the currency switcher prices looks like this: 

GBP.jpg

and here how it looks with the default currency (EUR):

EUR.jpg

GBP2.png

^ And when opening a product in new window then currency shows up how it is supposed to be. 

Any ideas how to fix this? Also we would need an option at checkout: if currency is selected as $(USD) or £(GBP) -> then the price, shipping and so on should be shown as in $(USD) or £(GBP), NOT in Euros at checkout.

And the theme we're using is Prestige 4.3.0 

Any tips/help is more than welcome! I've tried to read several shopify help center topics about currency conversations/exchange but none of them didn't really answear my question. 

Thank you 🙂 

Replies 10 (10)

ValtteriM
Tourist
5 0 1

Also I've tried a multi country pricing-plugin but the plugin didn't fix the issue. Any ideas from here? Theme support wont reply my question, even tho it is theme related issue I guess.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@ValtteriM 

Sorry you are facing this issue, it would be my pleasure to help you.

Welcome to the Shopify community!😊
Thanks for your good question.

Please share your site URL,
I will check out the issue and provide you a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
ValtteriM
Tourist
5 0 1

@KetanKumar 

Thank you Ketan! 🙂

I really appreciate that.

Our store/site URL: https://www.shadeshares.com/

or: https://shadeshares.myshopify.com/

And from an example if you go from homepage to -> Sunglasses -> 2021 collection and the list of products appears for you (when switching currencry it takes place after you refresh the site) 

Also let me know if you need a access on shopify to take action to edit the code 🙂 Otherwise I'll try to follow your instructions

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@ValtteriM 

thanks for more details 

are you try this?

https://support.maestrooo.com/article/64-how-to-enable-multi-currency-or-multi-language

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
ValtteriM
Tourist
5 0 1

@KetanKumar 

I actually just read that, but it requires to update the theme to the latest version to enable multi currencies: 

• Prestige: from version 4.7.0 and newer (current version: 4.3.0) 

And upgrading the theme it warns about this: 

''Unfortunately, there is no way to upgrade easily a theme in Shopify, and for good reasons. Because you can install app, modify the code of the theme, and do all kind of changes, if Shopify would auto-upgrade your themes, all your custom changes would be erased.'' 

And I do have a many code snippets etc. added to the theme code and installed multiple plugins so that would be kinda hard work to redo all the settings and setups on theme and apps... 😕 

It also says For users using an older version:

If upgrading is not possible, you can reach a development service such as Enhancify (our recommendation), TaskHuskyCarson or a Shopify Expert. They will be able to write the necessary code to bring support for it on your older version. 

Whether it is possible to make the multi currency work in the current theme with a code added?

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@ValtteriM 

Thanks 

can you please send personal message 

ValtteriM
Tourist
5 0 1

If I do decide to update the theme to the latest version how much do I need to setup things again? Do I need to re setup all my apps/plugins? such a translators etc? Do I need to completely rebuild the website layout (such colors, header pics, prdocut list) if I update the theme?

Or does anyone know code snippet for this; if USD chosen from menu drop down list -> then USD would be at checkout aswell?

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@ValtteriM 

Thanks for more details 

can you please try it may be work if no let me know 

alzain
Visitor
1 0 1

Were you able to fix this issue?

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@alzain 

sorry but what's issue your store?