Custom dropdown menu in symmetry theme (5.5.1)

Custom dropdown menu in symmetry theme (5.5.1)

abdinho
Excursionist
37 0 0

Hi.

Currently, my site has a standard main navigation on the left side of my header. This navigation of course functions out of the box with Symmetry, and it looks nice.

However, I now want to add a second menu, on the right side of the header, just before the profile and cart buttons. I want the menu to only have a single top-level element, "Assistance", and then I want all my policies etc., as sub-elements. I've already created the navigation menu in the Shopify navigation section, but I'm having trouble using it, and generally getting the custom drop-down to work on my site.

Right now I'm looking at just making a drop-down menu from scratch as I would normally through HTML and CSS, but I just don't think I can recreate the feel and look of the main drop-down menus, which will make it stick out like a sore thumb.

It's pretty easy to get the "Assistance" button to appear on the right beside the other stuff, but I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to get the dropdown functionality to work also, as the Symmetry theme seems to handle dropdowns in a very special manner.

Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

Reply 1 (1)

Typostore
Shopify Partner
117 11 13

Hello, todo that I think you should hire a dev to custom code, because it will take time to custom this.

if you want I can do it
Thank you

- I'm dev shopify. | Skype : hoang.nguyenit92 | Email: typostores@gmail.com
- Is my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- If you got your answer? Mark it as an Accepted Solution