Dark tint over front banner

Ashden
Excursionist
17 0 9

Hey, there was previously text here, thats why theres a tint over the front banner, does anyone know how to get rid of this? 

front banner.JPG

Replies 5 (5)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
422 47 73

Hey @Ashden.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the screenshot that you have shared! Could you let us know which theme you are using and share your online store URL? As this context will allow us to determine the next steps to removing the tint. If you are unsure about which theme is live on your online store, you can navigate to the Theme Editor and select the three dots that are located towards the top left. I took a screenshot of my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

15-30-21644-10794

Looking forward to your response.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ashden
Excursionist
17 0 9

Sorry, cant believe I didnt include my theme. Im using boundless. Thanks for replying.

Ollie
Shopify Staff
422 47 73

Hey @Ashden.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Looking into the options available using the Boundless theme, we may be able to change the color of the of the menu by navigating to the Theme Editor and selecting on theme settings. This should allow you to make changes to the color that is displayed on the navigation bar. I took a screenshot of my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

16-41-4004-8531

With that being said, if you would like to make a customization as in removing the bar completely - this will require a change of coding. Since the Boundless theme is designed and supported by Shopify, we can use free design time for Shopify themes to allow our internal themes team to make the changes on your behalf. If you are interested in using the design time, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the changes you would like to see with a Support Advisor.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ashden
Excursionist
17 0 9

Sorry, I think I didn't explain myself properly. So, I'm on about the actual banner, that picture. It originally has text over it, and some box, so I got rid of that text and the box, and when I did i believe it created some tint over the banner image, darkening it.

Ashden
Excursionist
17 0 9

Figured it out, only thing is when i turn the opacity down it also turns down the opacity of the menu bar on the side, cart etc. I'm okay with this, just fyi for anyone else.