Solved

How can I adjust the image banner width in Dawn 2.0?

BBStorm
Excursionist
24 0 11

Hello,

My site is Beautiful by Storm; I would like to make my 'Image banner' not completely go from side to side. Instead, I want a consistent margin down my website. Here is a photo, so you understand what I'm asking for it to look like.

BBStorm_0-1636912031743.png

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!

Accepted Solution (1)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

This is an accepted solution.

Add the following as a custom liquid or custom html section/block to add bleed to all image banner sections for desktop users

<style type="text/css">
    @media screen and (min-width: 990px) {
        section[id$="__image_banner"]  {
            max-width: var(--page-width);
            padding: 0 5rem;
            text-align: center;
            margin: 0 auto;
        }
    }
</style>

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/os20/themes-by-shopify/dawn/sections#custom-l... 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36843 3636 11978

@BBStorm 

yes please confirm this look

KetanKumar_0-1636920305418.png

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
BBStorm
Excursionist
24 0 11

Yes, that look would be perfect.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

This is an accepted solution.

Add the following as a custom liquid or custom html section/block to add bleed to all image banner sections for desktop users

<style type="text/css">
    @media screen and (min-width: 990px) {
        section[id$="__image_banner"]  {
            max-width: var(--page-width);
            padding: 0 5rem;
            text-align: center;
            margin: 0 auto;
        }
    }
</style>

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/os20/themes-by-shopify/dawn/sections#custom-l... 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

BBStorm
Excursionist
24 0 11

Thanks, this worked perfect for me. I placed it in the bottom of 'image-banner.liquid'.

colorkey
Visitor
1 0 0

If I need to adjust the width of another banner, but I don't want the top banner to be affected, what do I want to do

RicquelS
Excursionist
16 0 7

I've tried placing this at the very bottom of 'image-banner.liquid' but it's not working for me.  I previously changed some other code to allow the entire banner to be clickable, and I'm wondering if that's messing it up somehow? I followed this tutorial for that Dawn theme: how to make the image banner clickable (ezfycode.com)

Is it still possible for me to make the banner width smaller? I'm wanting it to stay at the same ratio, just not go all the way across the page because it looks absolutely HUGE on a desktop. 

Thanks! 

JF5
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi! This worked great, but it's working only on one image banner, others are full width. Do you have any suggestions on how it can apply to all image banners?  Thanks!

dicewar
Visitor
1 0 0

I have this same issue. It worked perfectly on the top image banner, but not the image banners below.