Solved

Dawn Redirects To Cart Page When Adding To Cart

StealthStores
Tourist
4 1 1

I have just fully setup my website to now realise that the add to cart feature redirects you to the cart. I really need it to stay on the page product page, it is crucial for my store for upsells etc. Would anyone please be able to help? I have even changed cart type to drawer and that does not work

Accepted Solution (1)
StealthStores
Tourist
4 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Managed to fix it, turned out to be an App problem. Contacted the developer of it and they fixed it 🙂

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2645 430 554

Hi @StealthStores 

Would you be able to share a link to your store so I can test this out as well? There are multiple ways to get to the cart page from the website, so clear steps of what page you are on and what buttons/links you are clicking will assist us in helping you with this. 

If you are adding to cart from the product page and "cart drawer" is enabled on the theme, then the slide out cart should work right away. If it isn't, please test in the theme editor and also try in a fresh copy of the dawn theme. 

If it works in a fresh copy, then we can narrow down the possible cause being an app or coding change to the product page/cart page in the theme file itself. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

StealthStores
Tourist
4 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Managed to fix it, turned out to be an App problem. Contacted the developer of it and they fixed it 🙂

Shay
Shopify Staff
2645 430 554

Thank you for the link and the screenshot!

It looks like the product selection list as well as the button for "add to cart" is a customized feature that doesn't come native to the Dawn theme. Is that correct?

The "add to cart" button is noted as a "footer" in the theme code for that section. It looks like the app or code you are using to create that unique product selector overrides the standard "add to cart" button, meaning that it also overrides the cart drawer feature as well. 

13-40-54888-48222

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jahid-KlinKode
Excursionist
145 1 4

Hey @StealthStores, the solution to enabling the side drawer cart or redirecting to the cart page in Shopify Dawn theme post "Add to Cart" click is outlined in this informative YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SefePWS5as.