Dawn Slide Component

Solved
shadowsfall118
Excursionist
37 0 16

@made4Uo perfect thanks. I noticed you updated the guide since I followed it and hoped updating my code would fix the hiding the variant image issue. Although my issue is with the thumbnails below and not the large image above the thumbs. I would like to hide the thumbs for the variant not selected and also update the image counter.

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing or my thumbnail issue related to the large images as you mention.

0 Likes
made4Uo
Trailblazer
269 10 62

Yes. I was. I updated the code yesterday and miss just one code. Sorry for the delay

I do not work with Shopify. I am not looking to be hired or being paid. Just wanted to help.
0 Likes
made4Uo
Trailblazer
269 10 62

I updated the code again. Let me know if you have problem

I do not work with Shopify. I am not looking to be hired or being paid. Just wanted to help.
0 Likes
akatev
7 0 0

@made4Uo Does this product slider work for home page to show case your best sellers or feature products?

0 Likes
made4Uo
Trailblazer
269 10 62

Currently not but I am working on that

0 Likes
sakku_9090
Excursionist
16 0 3

I'm working on homepage featured slider. Will share the code soon!

akatev
7 0 0

That's great.  Thank you!

0 Likes
shadowsfall118
Excursionist
37 0 16

@made4Uo The updated code did not fix my specific issue. I have discovered that when you select a variant only the primary image is changed because by default in shopify variants only have one image associated with them. I did some digging and you can use the alt tags to define each variants images. I will try out this method.

Another thing I noticed with your current code vs the plain dawn theme is that when you hard refresh the page in a browser with your code the variant images will jump back to the first variant. With the plain dawn theme it the images will stick to whatever variant you are on with hard refresh. 

0 Likes
made4Uo
Trailblazer
269 10 62

@shadowsfall118  Sorry for the confusion. I added the hide_variants feature from the the original Dawn. I thought that is what you mean. Grouping the variants will require indepth coding and change the variant selector. If time permits, I might be able to do a video and manipulate the variantSelector but in this guide, we are manipulting the sliderComponent. 

Regarding the hard refresh. I did not connect the thumbnail images to the option selector / variant selector. That is why it would change to its original state. This will require more coding and manipulating the variantSelector.

0 Likes
shadowsfall118
Excursionist
37 0 16

@made4Uo  perfect thanks for the explanation and all your help on this. I almost have the "hide other variant images on selection" code working with yours and will share once finished if anyone is interested.

0 Likes