Dawn theme 2.0 how do I add a "How did you hear about us" drop down at check out

maiamum
1 0 0

Please help!

we have just changed over from Debut theme to Dawn. We had at check out a drop down "How did you hear about us" which was great to see where people were coming from and if we had met them say at an expo.

However changing from debut to Dawn this is gone. How do we get this back or something similar thank you!!

Replies 2 (2)
Abdiqani
Tourist
19 0 2

Same, I want to include this on my contact page and the cart page. 

Hyde
Shopify Staff
1068 115 192

Hi @maiamum 

Great question! The "how did you hear about us?" drop-down isn't a native feature of Shopify themes, so did you implement that in your old theme by way of an app?

The best workaround to achieve a similar result is to insert the order notes feature into your cart. This is usually used to collect instructions from customers, but you can edit the language of it to instead ask them to describe how they heard about you. Here is how you get more information with order notes.

Of course, it would also be great to identify whether you did in fact use an app that helped you achieve this effect in the Debut theme. If you go to Online Store > Apps can you see an app there that might be utilized to add a feature like that? You could reach out to the app developers to ask about finding and retrieving the code for that app and inserting it into your Dawn theme.

Alternatively, did you hire a third party to custom code this feature in?

If you're looking to delve more into customer acquisition to understand the journey that customers took to find your brand, I'd recommend checking out Shopify Analytics. Specifically have a look at these reports that show you where your customers are coming from, what device they're using, what social media they found you on, and so on:

There's more information on that in our help guide on Shopify Analytics

I look forward to hearing more from you!

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog