DAWN THEME ACCEPT TERMS CHECKBOX

Earp
2 0 0

Hi, I updated my store to the new theme yesterday but have noticed that when clicking checkout from the shopping card the customer is not able to proceed as there is a no checkbox to select the terms. If you click the buy now or go to cart from the pop up there is block. However I am sure many customers will be stock in this step and not be able to make a purchase. I have spent hours reading up on this searching for a solution but can't find anything. I am surely not the first to have this issue? I contacted support but they have not solution other than contacting the development team. I was able to add some code in my previous theme but the new theme does not have the same liquids and thus I am not sure how to do this. Any assistance would be most welcome.

checkout.JPG

Replies 10 (10)
Chessary
2 0 0

Hi @Earp, this requires 3 steps:

1. in "main-cart-footer.liquid" (and "cart-notification.liquid") add a checkbox with the id="agree"
In "main-cart-footer.liquid" I inserted it in line 54 and in "cart-notification.liquid" I inserted it in line 24.

I am using this code for my checkbox: 

<p>
  <input type="checkbox" id="agree">
  <label for="agree">
      Ich stimme der <a href="/policies/privacy-policy">Datenschutzerklärung</a>, den <a href="/policies/terms-of-service">AGB</a> und der <a href="/policies/refund-policy">Widerrufsbelehrung</a> zu.
  </label>
</p>

This is german, but you can translate it and customize it four your store.

2. in "cart.js" (and "cart-notification.js") add this at the end of the code:

$(document).ready(function() {
   $('body').on('click', '[name="checkout"], [name="goto_pp"], [name="goto_gc"]', function() {
       if ($('#agree').is(':checked')) {
            $(this).submit();
            }
      else {
           alert("Add your personal ERROR MESSAGE here");
           return false;
      }
  });
});

The code will not allow the customer to proceed without checking to the checkbox.

3. in "theme.liquid" add this line within the head compartment:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

It will make sure the code library we are using is loading.

!!! Please note:
Customers can proceed without checking the checkbox when your dynamic checkout buttons are enabled.

Chessary
2 0 0

You get an even better result by just installing the app:

Terms and Conditions Checkbox from RoarTheme

cupio-closet
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello! 

Thank you for this. This all works except one thing - could you help.

There is a pop up notification to check the box even when the box is checked. Thank you again @Chessary 

babyboss
2 0 0

Hey
thanks for the input
theres a problem with the function that even if the box is checked you can not continue.

any help with that?

babyboss
2 0 0

We think we might found a solution for this
try replacing  if ($('#agree').is(':checked'))
with if ($($('#agree')[0]).is(':checked'))

so code in .js files should look like:

$(document).ready(function() {
   $('body').on('click', '[name="checkout"], [name="goto_pp"], [name="goto_gc"]', function() {
     if ($($('#agree')[0]).is(":checked")) {
            $(this).submit();
            }
      else {
           alert("עליך להסכים לתנאי השימוש ומדיניות הפרטיות כדי להמשיך");
           return false;
      }
  });
});

hope this helps

cupio-closet
Tourist
10 0 1

Fantastic @babyboss . Cleared that up 🙂

scentsable
1 0 1

Hey, I tried the code + the change @babyboss suggested. For me it doesn't work.
Any other tips?

Naturengen
1 0 0

Hey! It doesn't work for me neither. Did you find a solution? 🙂

/Sandra

Daeroux
4 0 0

i cannot save the cart.js after i pasted the code. it says: "Error: Invalid JSON: unexpected token" what does that mean? 

RekaB
1 0 0

Thank you so much but I am afraid it still doesn't work. I complete the 3rd step, an error message pops up regardless if the box is checked or not.

If I take that code out, the buyers can check out without accepting the conditions. 

Sadly @babyboss 's solution didn't work either. 

Any idea to make it work? It is absolutely outrageous how Shopify won't provide such a simple (and in many countries such as mine, obligatory) thing for the price we are paying them. If I knew this from the start I would never have chosen them. @Shopify  I hope you are seeing this. You are being huge *ssholes.