Dawn theme - adding a photo gallery

loups1
Visitor
2 0 2

Is it possible to add a photo gallery of different size photos on a scroll with no text but with small borders using the Dawn theme? I would ideally like to use this in feature in the blog and also under a new page 'portfolio' I sell photographic prints. If not is there a theme that would allow me to do this? Thanks in advance.

Replies 20 (20)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@loups1 

can you share your store url and any reference store url

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
loups1
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi there - it’s 

fig-tart.com

The current theme is Narrative but I would like to swap over to Dawn or another theme. I am currently working on Dawn. 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@loups1 

can you check collage  section you have easy to add image gallery layout

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3804 713 1124

Hi, 

Check this one. Free code is at the video description. 

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!
Samiibridge
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello

Thanks for showing how to do it. I have a problem though when i try myself. I think it might be cause im new at making websites and so on. I would appreciate it very much if you could help me out. 

Samiibridge
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

And i cannot find the free code..

gertrudeseco
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

No free Code, They'll just want you to purchase their code.

marcoswata
Shopify Partner
122 10 34

Just in case anyone finds this thread.

You can find an image gallery here:

https://marcoswatanabe.com/shopify-guides/image-gallery-shopify-dawn

It's a FREE, simple and customisable image gallery. It should work on any theme, but let me know if you have any problems.

If my answer was helpful then please Like and Accept Solution 🙂
If you need help with design, development or marketing your store, contact me!
Lablossom000
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello Marcoswata, thanks for offering it for free 🙂 Is there a chance to see the images on scroll on the mobile instead of as slider, so that you see all images at once?

Also, on desktop what is the maximum number of images visible at once on the grid? 

I´m not a tech person, so, my apologies if these are dummies questions that can be found on the code itself 🙂 

marcoswata
Shopify Partner
122 10 34

HI @Lablossom000 

In the Theme Customizer, you can un-check the "Slider on mobile" option, and that should show the images stacked instead of as a slider.
As for desktop, the number of images should be limited by the number of blocks you can add in the section, which is 50.

I hope that helps!

Lablossom000
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks a lot @marcoswata !!!

josemorcillo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey! Thank you so much for the free code! Is there any option to make the photo grid as a slider on desktop too?

heatherly
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, thanks for this code! I added the image gallery to my website to use as a portfolio. Do you know how I can edit the code so when someone clicks on the picture it will take them to the url of the item in my Shopify? 

I'm also thinking about adding text when they hover where it's labeled with the color of the item. 

marcoswata
Shopify Partner
122 10 34

Hi @heatherly 

The clicking bit shouldn't be hard, but could you please clarify this bit?
"I'm also thinking about adding text when they hover where it's labeled with the color of the item. "

Thanks

tomstarkuk
Shopify Partner
5 1 0

Ive been using your code since i began my website but since the Dawn update it doesn't work any longer 😞

Digital Creator
marcoswata
Shopify Partner
122 10 34

Hi @tomstarkuk , feel free to send me a message with the store URL so I can take a look. Or just post it here!

neonlaugh
Visitor
2 0 0

Your code is amazing, thank you!!! My team and I are wondering if it's possible to add captions either below or on hover? Any guidance in this regard is appreciated.

Michael-ar
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello 

i try maybe i forgot something it s don t work 

it s not on my template so i can add gallery nut only after Heads

Bob_Joseph
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

Yes, it's also not working for me as well. 

Correction** It is working for me! Thank you. I think it needed to refresh. Also, the module was showing at the bottom of the list instead of being in alphabetical order. 

Thank you for your help!

Bob_Joseph
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

Working great for me, thank you!