Solved

Dawn theme cart add or remove item

onthehorizonco
Visitor
2 0 0

I am having an issues with adding or removing items from the cart page. When clicking the plus or minus quantity button or the remove trashcan icon it just continues to spin and nothing happens.

Accepted Solutions (2)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @onthehorizonco. Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the Shopify Community. I hope you're doing well today! 

It looks like we have an known issue going on currently that's impacting certain themes, and their cart pages. These themes include: Dawn, Taste, and Studio. If you're currently using any of those themes, then you're unfortunately impacted by this incident. Doublecheck if you're using one of these themes, and then let me know! 

I'm happy to let you know that we expect to have a fix shipped out to resolve these issues shortly. In the meantime, we have identified some workarounds:

• Turn off Dynamic Checkout and/or Google Pay
  • Ask your customers to adjust quantities using the product page, instead of the cartpage

As I mentioned before, we do hope to have a fix issued shortly. If you notice any other issues with your theme, please reach back out here and let me know. 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hey again, @onthehorizonco. Sorry for the delayed response, here! 

In terms of a resolution timeline, our developers actually pushed a fix out on Wednesday, May 11th. So, you shouldn't be experiencing the slow cart page anymore. You can also feel confident with reverting any changes that were made to workaround the outage. 

If you are still experiencing slow cart issues, please follow up with me here so we can start on some next steps to have things resolved. 

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hey there, @onthehorizonco. Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the Shopify Community. I hope you're doing well today! 

It looks like we have an known issue going on currently that's impacting certain themes, and their cart pages. These themes include: Dawn, Taste, and Studio. If you're currently using any of those themes, then you're unfortunately impacted by this incident. Doublecheck if you're using one of these themes, and then let me know! 

I'm happy to let you know that we expect to have a fix shipped out to resolve these issues shortly. In the meantime, we have identified some workarounds:

• Turn off Dynamic Checkout and/or Google Pay
  • Ask your customers to adjust quantities using the product page, instead of the cartpage

As I mentioned before, we do hope to have a fix issued shortly. If you notice any other issues with your theme, please reach back out here and let me know. 

onthehorizonco
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks @Imogen . We are using the Dawn theme. Not sure if you know, but is there a general timeline on a resolution? Days, weeks, months? Just trying to see if we need to make other adjustments to the store. 

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hey again, @onthehorizonco. Sorry for the delayed response, here! 

In terms of a resolution timeline, our developers actually pushed a fix out on Wednesday, May 11th. So, you shouldn't be experiencing the slow cart page anymore. You can also feel confident with reverting any changes that were made to workaround the outage. 

If you are still experiencing slow cart issues, please follow up with me here so we can start on some next steps to have things resolved. 

FloraltaSydney
7 0 0

Im experiencing this issue now. Dawn theme.  It just keeps loading.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hey there, @FloraltaSydney. Thanks for joining in our the conversation! Nice to meet you.

Thanks for letting us know you're experiencing this issue, too. I have a few questions I want to ask, just so we can get more context and information about your specific situation:

• Can you provide us with a link to your store, so we can test your cart page in real time?
  • Can you try out a fresh version of Dawn from our Theme Store, and see if you're able to replicate the issue in that theme? 
  • Do you have any screenshots of the issue occurring?

Please, follow up with me when you can with the requested information so we can take a look.

totheninesph
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm experiencing the exact same issue with the Dawn theme.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hey there, @totheninesph. Thanks for joining in on our thread here. It's nice to meet you!

I'm happy to take some time to help you get this resolved. Is it possible for you to provide me with the following:

• A link to your online store so I can test this functionality in real-time
  • An example of a product that you know that this is happening with

Is there any other information that you can share with me about this issue? When did you first notice that this was happening? Have you been able to replicate this issue?

Something that I'd like you to test: Can you download a new version of Dawn from our Theme Store and see if the issue persists? You can use this link here to download a new theme. This is a usual first step to see if the issue is just within your particular version of the theme, or if it's something larger. 

I'll keep an eye on this thread for your reply!

totheninesph
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Imogen,

Thanks for your patience.

The link to my online store is www.tothenines.ph. The issue happens with
all products that are live in the store.

The issue first started when I added the Terms & Conditions app (RoAR) to
my shop. However, even when I removed the app, the issue persisted.

I've done the test that you've requested with a new download of Dawn from
the Theme store and the issue went away. However, I do not want to
completely rebuild my site from scratch.

Is there a way that we can refresh the Dawn theme without changing my
customizations?

Thank you.
Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hey there, @totheninesph. Thanks for following up!

I appreciate you providing some more information here, and also completing that theme test for me! This lets us know that the likely cause of the issue is leftover code from that Terms and Conditions app. Removing that leftover code should resolve this issue for you. 

3rd Party Apps may leave behind some coding when they're uninstalled from the admin. Because of this, app devs usually leave some instructions on their websites to help ensure that all coding was removed properly. I  recommend that you check out their website and navigate to their support portal so you can get some information from them regarding removing all of the code related to the app.

Another step you can look into is reaching out to our Live Team for some help. Our Live Team can get you authenticated and help you get in touch with the devs to request some support from them in removing this code. Since this code is related to a third party theme, our Shopify Scope of Support will be limited in terms of what we can do directly, but connecting with the Live Team will lead to results.

If you have any questions for me, just follow up with me here and let me know!

VUMODigital
Shopify Partner
31 5 23

To everyone having the same issue, I have had to put in a quick workaround and create a 'clear cart' button that will resolve the issue until the dev team find a solution.

To implement this workaround, you'll need access to the theme code but I promise it is super simple.

1:  Edit theme

2:  Locate and open main-cart-items.liquid

3: If you have not edited the cart code, enter the following on line 43

<a href="/cart/clear" class="btn button" style="margin-bottom:10px;">Empty cart</a>

4: Save the code

You should see a button styled to your theme's appearance that will empty the whole cart once pressed.  A live example can be seen on https://mapelio.com

If anyone has any issues, please get in touch (iain@vumo.co.uk) and I'll do my best to help you implement this temp fix.

Kindest regards

Iain

- If you need further help, please send me an email or visit VUMO to see our full range of services.