Dawn Theme - Colour change on Blog page

leehew
Excursionist
25 0 10

Hi,

In the Dawn Theme, can I change the colour of the background on the blog post without affecting the theme setting?

Webpage: www.myozco.com/blogs/news

pw: Myozco123456

Currently the colour is 'Background 2'. I want to change it to 'Accent 2'.  When I change it, it affects the whole site. I want it to only apply in the blog page.

Replies 9 (9)

ErSanjay
Shopify Partner
293 20 42

@leehew   can please more detail which color and where to chane.

Business Owner & Shopify app developer - shopify consting - Full Stack Sofware Engineer
Er Sanjay
leehew
Excursionist
25 0 10

The background colour of these boxes.

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 5.41.21 pm.png

ErSanjay
Shopify Partner
293 20 42

@leehew I think you set the card layout color from the theme settings just remove that

Business Owner & Shopify app developer - shopify consting - Full Stack Sofware Engineer
Er Sanjay
leehew
Excursionist
25 0 10

ErSanjay...ErSanjay...ErSanjay...

If you actually read my initial post, you will understand what I am asking. If I 'remove that' in theme settings, it affects the whole site. I only want to change it on the blog page. Please re-read before replying.

ErSanjay
Shopify Partner
293 20 42

@leehew  
you are taking someone's help so you should know about respect for everyone in the community.
you can hire the Shopify expert rather than posting here. 
it required the coding knowledge better to hide the https://experts.shopify.com/

Er Sanjay

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

Hi @leehew ,

You can follow the instruction below:

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->/base.css->paste below code at the bottom of the file:

.main-blog .card__inner {
    background-color: var(--color-base-accent-2);
}

If you feel like my answer is helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards.

banned
leehew
Excursionist
25 0 10

Thank you AvadaCommerce...appreciate you help.

Half of it works...the colour is now different on the Blog page. But it is only white. Accent 2 should be a light brown. Is there a way I can change the colour?

leehew
Excursionist
25 0 10

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 10.15.51 pm.png

soniamim
Excursionist
32 2 5

@leehew 

you just go to theme> edit code> assets> then blog.css and edit the code color what u want to 

Sonia Mim - Layoutbase.com Ambassador