Solved

Dawn Theme - Decrease Image Banner Height

LaDolce
Tourist
5 0 2

I've just setup Dawn on my site, and I'd like to make the Image Banner on the home page take up less room. I've tried adding images of different sizes, and they all get cropped on the sides to vertically fill the Image Banner block. How can I edit the code to fix this issue?

Accepted Solution (1)
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

This is an accepted solution.

@LaDolce 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/section-image-banner.css file.

@media screen and (min-width: 750px){ .banner { min-height: 50rem !important; flex-direction: row; } }

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

View solution in original post

Replies 14 (14)

LaDolce
Tourist
5 0 2

Here is the link to the site:

https://l30cjpgghc536qm1-58509525168.shopifypreview.com

pw: freogi

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

This is an accepted solution.

@LaDolce 

Please add the following code at the bottom of your assets/section-image-banner.css file.

@media screen and (min-width: 750px){ .banner { min-height: 50rem !important; flex-direction: row; } }

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
LaDolce
Tourist
5 0 2

Thank you @dmwwebartisan, that solved the problem! I was able to adjust the min-height value to fine tune the image banner height.

dogs
Excursionist
18 0 5

Please assist - I need to re-size dawn banner so it fits - I dont know where to add code/ change code

Hello - it is me
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@dogs 

Please share store URL and screenshot what do you want!

Thanks!

dogs
Excursionist
18 0 5

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 03.29.43.png

Hello - it is me
dogs
Excursionist
18 0 5
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@dogs 

Please share store front password !

Thanks!

dogs
Excursionist
18 0 5

I shared in PM

Hello - it is me
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12280 2546 3694

@dogs 

i will check and send solution

Thanks!

dogs
Excursionist
18 0 5

what I want www.3dogs.co.zawhat I want www.3dogs.co.za

Hello - it is me
Ishah
Excursionist
24 1 8

Ive tried this code and it makes no difference to my banner size. What am i doing wrong? 

wildvalejewelry
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, Did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem. 

xanadew
Visitor
1 0 0

Spent HOURS trying to find this right solution. THANK YOU!