Solved

How can I edit the footer on the Dawn theme?

dreamthink
Tourist
3 0 1

I am using the Dawn theme and would like to edit the footer. The default message says:

"Heading 

Share store details, promotions, or brand content with your customers."

How do I change this section? I don't see anyplace where I can easily customize this. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution (1)

mollybluesh
Tourist
3 1 6

This is an accepted solution.

Hey! 

I was just working through this problem for a long time, my partner came over to look at it with fresh eyes...

The solution was right under my nose. Instead of clicking on Footer, click on the little arrow to the left of the word. 

When I realized it was this simple I did a face palm lol.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Ardi94
Shopify Partner
104 3 32

Is the text editor not working or am I missing something?

In theme customization scroll all the way down and click on Footer.  now one of the blocks says Heading, just click on it and change the texts like a normal block. The text editor might be on the right side if you're using full screen.

dreamthink
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks for the reply. When I go to the Footer, I see an input box for "heading". I try to change it or delete the contents, but this template text " Share store details, promotions, or brand content with your customers" is still there.

Ardi94
Shopify Partner
104 3 32

Seems like you've accidentally deleted that part in your codes, I suggest you download a new Dawn theme and compare it with you current code. You only need to check the footer section so not a lot of searching hopefully 🙂

mollybluesh
Tourist
3 1 6

This is an accepted solution.

Hey! 

I was just working through this problem for a long time, my partner came over to look at it with fresh eyes...

The solution was right under my nose. Instead of clicking on Footer, click on the little arrow to the left of the word. 

When I realized it was this simple I did a face palm lol.

dreamthink
Tourist
3 0 1

OMG you are a hero thank you!

greengrl10
Excursionist
13 1 4

I didn't see this either. Nav is a bit quirky. I suspect Shopify could do better,

JoanaFPFreitas
Visitor
3 0 0

Someone has idea how to insert an image with hiperlink to the Dawn's footer theme?