Dawn theme formatting questions

SunnyDaze
Excursionist
13 0 5

Hi,

I'm just getting my store set up.  I'm using the Dawn theme.  Few questions...

1.) On my index page or a Category page the product image looks a little blurry.  However, if you click on it and go to the actual product page the image is crisp.  They are pulling the same image so any ideas on why it would be blurry on front & category pages?

2.) I disabled the "featured image" for blog posts because when on the main blog page the image was huge and blurry.  It did not render properly regardless of image dimensions that I tried.  How can I limit the pixel size of featured blog images?  Without images, the blog page looks super boring.

3.) On category pages the title is left justified and plain looking.  How can I change the font attributes or better yet, replace with image titles?

Thanks!

Store:  https://sunnydazeteaching.com

Replies 5 (5)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@SunnyDaze 

please share issue images?

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
SunnyDaze
Excursionist
13 0 5

@KetanKumar 

I enabled the featured image on a blog post to show what I mean.  It's HUGE.  A 2:3 ratio was recommended however I tried many different sizes to no avail.

SunnyDaze Teaching Blog

Shelley_Wardwel
Excursionist
35 0 5

It would be helpful to be able to configure the blog page to have multiple columns and rows instead of one great big huge picture.  I had no problem doing that in Debut but chose Dawn to try it out.

SunnyDaze
Excursionist
13 0 5

@Shelley_Wardwel 

I agree.  I'm mostly happy with the Dawn theme but the blog page really needs some work.

Diashop
Excursionist
15 0 7

We are having the same issue with blurry images in our collection overviews or product collections. We also use the Dawn theme (default). When clicking on the product page the images are crystal clear, but when showed as thumbnails/ in collections they are very blurry. 

Is there any fix to this? I could not find any solution. Thanks for any advice on how to solve this issue.