Dawn Theme HELP! I cannot change the default Cart Icon to a customized icon

afxcreates
5 0 0

I have gone through discussion boards, tutorial videos, etc. and have followed the instruction implicitly, but have been completely unsuccessful in changing the icon in the code.  Please help!

Replies 8 (8)
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
9826 2238 3078

@afxcreates 

Please share your store URL & screenshot what do you want !

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | Bag is a cart drawer that maximizes your sales. View app →
afxcreates
5 0 0

I apologize, but I'm a newbie when it comes to this whole community thing.  I have uploaded the cart_icon.svg to my files and the screenshot is pretty self explanatory.  While I have you though, please show me where you put the code so that I can use it myself to change the Search Icon later on.  

https://www.afxcreates.com/

cart_icon_change.jpg

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
9826 2238 3078

@afxcreates 

Please share your new icon svg file .

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | Bag is a cart drawer that maximizes your sales. View app →
afxcreates
5 0 0

In the previous response I gave my URL, but maybe you are asking for my Shopify URL?

https://afxcreates.myshopify.com/

Do you need my password, or should I give you special access from Users & Permissions?

afxcreates
5 0 0

I am unable to attach the svg file to this post. 

afxcreates
5 0 0
Savior
Trailblazer
133 22 52

@afxcreates 

Can You please DM me the header.liquid file so I can tell you where you can replace the SVG icon.

Regards 

Twinkle

Tyshel_Lockamy1
Shopify Partner
22 0 2

@afxcreates Customize theme. Edit code for Dawn:

Edit both files "icon-cart. liquid" and "icon-cart-empty. liquid" 

Remove the existing code and paste your SVG code to both files.

Save.

(I hope this helps.)