Dawn Theme how to remove collection titles and have only collection images/description

Antibiotics
Excursionist
14 0 3

On the dawn theme, the "collection header" section on a collection page can only hide the description/image (or the entire header), but the title itself cannot be removed. Is there a way to remove the title as shown in the image below, and keep the collection image/description?Screenshot (106).png

Thanks in advance

Replies 9 (9)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@Antibiotics 

Please share store URL!

Thank!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
Antibiotics
Excursionist
14 0 3

@dmwwebartisan 

thanks

Antibiotics
Excursionist
14 0 3

@dmwwebartisan 

If it is simple enough to code (with other themes it is very simple), please send the code here so that it could help others in the future too if they have this same issue. I'm familiar with messing around with the code on the site so it shouldn't be too hard

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@Antibiotics 

This not a simple solution otherwise i send you code .

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
Alimacl
Visitor
1 0 2

I found it fairly straightforward - head into edit the theme code and find the "main-collection-banner.liquid"

Find some code that looks like:

<h1 class="collection-hero__title">
<span class="visually-hidden">{{ 'sections.collection_template.title' | t }}: </span>

{{- collection.title | escape -}}
</h1>

and change to:

<!--
<h1 class="collection-hero__title">
<span class="visually-hidden">{{ 'sections.collection_template.title' | t }}: </span>

{{- collection.title | escape -}}
</h1>
-->

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@Antibiotics 

Please add the following CSS code to your assets/component-collection-hero.css bottom of the file.

.collection-hero__title { display: none !important;}

Thanks!

maurinclan
Explorer
52 1 31

@dmwwebartisan 

Worked great for me!  Thanks!

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

@maurinclan 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

maurinclan
Explorer
52 1 31

I was not the original poster, but thanks anyway!