Dawn Theme - How to set default color for custom pages?

Dawn Theme - How to set default color for custom pages?

PunkOuter
Excursionist
18 0 12

Hello! Under our Online Store, we have some "Pages" we've set up there. Those pages are then linked to in our store through a menu item. Under the newest Dawn theme which we are migrating over to, we are not seeing a way to set the default colors for these pages. There are color settings for blogs, product pages, collection pages, etc., but not for regular old pages. Dawn is defaulting to a white background with black text and the title to the left. I feel like I must be missing something obvious! Searches in the forum here tend to pull up people needing help for those other sections which are working fine for us.

Is there something I'm missing in the Dawn settings or will this require hard coding in one of the jss or liquid files? If hard coding is needed, can someone give me advice on what/where exactly? The pages we are using are mostly just text with some hyperlinks. Here are the colors we are using currently throughout the rest of the website:

Background: 242833
Text: FFFFFF

Solid button background: 232529

Solid button label: FFFFFF

Outline Button: FFFFFF

Shadow: 121212

We'll probably use a background color gradient at some point in the near future too.

Replies 4 (4)

PunkOuter
Excursionist
18 0 12

Oh, apparently a slideshow will have the same issue. The images are in the center (or wherever you configure it to be in the settings), but the background is blindingly white. It doesn't match the rest of the website color settings, and there are no color settings for it in the theme anywhere I can find, including in the slideshow settings itself. Probably something else to hard code?

PunkOuter
Excursionist
18 0 12

Giving this a bump and including some screenshots so you understand. Notice the white background to the right, left, and lesser extent, bottom of the slideshow. On pages like in the second image, the entire thing is white background, black text, which doesn't match the header and footer. These two (and possibly more) don't appear to have settings in the Dawn theme to adjust unless I'm missing it and someone can point me to them. Thanks!

Slidshow Background Dawn.pngVIP Background Dawn.png

PunkOuter
Excursionist
18 0 12

Giving this another bump in hopes someone reading this has a solution. There are plenty who use Dawn theme, so hopefully one of them knows how to adjust the color backgrounds on some of these pages/items. Thanks!

PunkOuter
Excursionist
18 0 12

I'm figuring it out. For anyone else who comes along with the same issue down the road, you can go to the custom CSS portion of the page that the Dawn theme doesn't have options for colors on and page something like this into there:

{
background: #242833;
color: white !important;
}

Substitute your color of choice in there of course.

The issue I'm running into now is that the header for default pages is still black, and hyperlinks are also black. I'm trying to figure out what to call upon to change those colors as well and will report back if I find it.

PunkOuter_0-1721403924690.png