Dawn theme - Image banner - Change font color

HoneypressDesig
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi,

I'm working on the Dawn theme on my shop, and I want to add a banner image with text, but without having the overlay box. When I uncheck the overlay box, the font color changes to white. The image is white as well so you can't read any of the text when it's white. How can I change the code so that the text on the banner is always black, regardless if the overlay box is present or not?

Thanks!

Reply 1 (1)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
409 47 73

Hey @HoneypressDesig.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared and let us know which theme you are using as that is super helpful. Looking into the options available with the Dawn theme, it looks like if we are using the section Image Banner we cannot hide the text using the Theme Editor. The reason for this is because the section comes with text automatically added onto the section, we can only show/hide the text box.

With that being said, if you would like to add an image to the homepage, we can remove the sub-sections to only have the image appear. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

Remove the blocks added to the section.

08-31-22522-51676

To allow the image to appear without text, example:

08-29-41522-39245

Since the Dawn theme is designed and supported by Shopify, we can use free design time for Shopify themes to allow our internal themes team to make the coding changes to have the font appear as whatever colour you would like. If you are interested in using the design time to make this change, you will need to login to your store using our Contact Us page. This will allow us to securely verify you as the store owner before discussing the changes you would like to see on the homepage of the online store with a Support Advisor.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog