DAWN theme image crop

Billy01
2 0 0

Hi,

I have installed the DAWN theme, everything is very good except one thing : the "image with text" sections are not so responsive. My images are cropped instead of being resized and sending the text area below. 

Does anybody know how to cancel this cropping rule? 

Thank you in advance! 

Capture d’écran 2021-11-08 à 21.11.28.png

Replies 2 (2)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
400 47 72

Hey @Billy01.

Thanks for reaching out.

Looking into the options available using the Dawn theme, I would suggest attempting to resize the original image before adding it to the section of the theme. Unfortunately, at this moment, we do not have a way to stop the automatic image cropping on the Dawn theme. However, I can see the benefit of allowing this and I will provide it as a suggestion to our developers.

With that being said, you can use the Image Editor and resize the image to have the image at the correct size.

Additionally, you can reach out to our Contact Us page to speak with a Support Advisor about resizing the current images to fit in the section: Image with text.

Let me know if that works for you.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Billy01
2 0 0

Hey Ollie, 

Thanks for your answer. 
Unfortunately, even if I rezise my pictures, it will not fit in every ways of the responsible theme rules.

I will switch back to my old theme and wait for it to be improved I think it's a better way.

Thank you anyway.

Best Regards