Dawn Theme - Mobile Variant Images Bug

cwo
Visitor
1 0 2
  1. When on a product page on mobile...
  2. Select a variant
  3. The variant's image is placed in position #1 in the product image carousel
  4. The product image carousel scrolls to position #1 so the variant's image is in view

There appears to be a bug with step #4 when on mobile. You select a variant, but the variant's image is not scrolled into view. The carousel gets stuck on position #2. You can try this on this website: https://cleverwarehouse.com/products/magical-eyebrows-eyebrow-stamp-kit - when on mobile, just keep selecting different variants and you'll see the carousel gets messed up.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

Replies 3 (3)

sheezasonline
Excursionist
19 0 10

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. All variant images are getting messed up. I don't know how customers are giving orders or they are just leaving site after getting confused by which variant to select. 

Has anyone found the solution yet? 

Muhammad-Faizan
Shopify Partner
11 0 1

I m getting this issue on the mobile version, my store is for unstitched fabric, when I click on the variant color option it shows the wrong image or as you said carousel stuck

Muhammad-Faizan
Shopify Partner
11 0 1

I found one solution, you don't need to do any coding thing,

simply go on theme customization -> Default Product -> Product Information -> check this option "Hide other variants’ media after selecting a variant".

What does it do?

This option will close the carousel slider because in the dawn theme we can select a variant from picker and button. so after checking the above option, this issue will be solved.
thanks