Solved

How can I fix the disabled link in Dawn theme's main navigation dropdown?

smj_90
Shopify Partner
56 1 15

I have build a store using dawn theme.

But the problem is when I click the main navigation, the dropdown appears, which Is okay but it's link is disabled.

The link on that anchor doesn't work. I'm talking about the main navigation. 1st child and grandchild links are working fine, but if there is a dropdown level, the parent link doesn't work.

Any way to fix this???

If this helped you, please
mark this reply as 'Accepted Solution'
Thanks 🙂
Accepted Solution (1)
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12289 2547 3698

This is an accepted solution.

@smj_90 

Please find following code your sections/header.liquid file 

<summary class="header__menu-item list-menu__item link">
     <span {%- if link.child_active %} class="header__active-menu-item"{% endif %}>{{ link.title | escape }}</span>
              {% render 'icon-caret' %}
</summary>

Replace to 

<summary class="header__menu-item list-menu__item link">
   <span {%- if link.child_active %} class="header__active-menu-item"{% endif %}><a href="{{ link.url }}" 
   class="header__menu-item header__menu-item ">{{ link.title | escape }}</a></span>
  {% render 'icon-caret' %}
</summary>

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

View solution in original post

Replies 55 (55)
AceLearns
5 0 0

Nevermind it works! thnx!

qaiser1
Tourist
5 0 1

hi, 

this is working but the color and font size changed. how to solve that

smj_90
Shopify Partner
56 1 15

@qaiser1 send me the link, i'll check and let you know.

Thanks 🙂
BTMR
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi @dmwwebartisan I've added the additional code but have encountered the following issues

Desktop

The parent only will open when clicked (not able to hover), it renders an arrow indicating a submenu but this is not clickable and you can't see the submenu.

When you click onto the parent then the new Parent (child) is visible, but not clickable, and the new child (grandchild) is clickable.

Mobile

Not able to access the menu, when clicking the three parallel lines, nothing happens.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

smj_90
Shopify Partner
56 1 15

you might need to add a class and define rules for that. share your url, i'll share the css code.

Thanks 🙂
smj_90
Shopify Partner
56 1 15

@qaiser1 

you might need to add a class and define rules for that. share your url, i'll share the css code.

Thanks 🙂