Can I adjust product grid sizing in the Dawn theme on Shopify?

alex_maiden
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

I am currently looking to switch over the Dawn theme but I am struggling to change the product grid the way I need to look. Currently, on the desktop if there are less than 4 items in a specific collection, the product grid will fill the page with the products so basically if there are only 2 items in a collection, the product grid will make each product 50% of the screen which blurs the images and just doesn't look very good. Likewise, on mobile, when there is One product in a collection, it makes it take up the entire screen. I want to make it so that on the desktop there is always 4 products per row and on mobile, there are always 2. 

Can someone help me please? 

Replies 4 (4)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12282 2546 3694

@alex_maiden 

Please share your store URL and screenshot what do want!

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
alex_maiden
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, 

The store is currently locked down for Black Friday so I will attach a screen shot.

Shopiify-Dawn-Problems.jpg

As you can see, on Mobile if there are less than 2 products in a collection, the product grid makes image fill the entire page. I want it to remain consistent so that even if there is only one product, it still only fills 50%.

On the desktop version of the site, a similar problem occurs where if there is less than 4 products, the images are sized up to fill the page and this is a big issue if there are only one or two products in a collection as it also blurs the image. I don't understand why this happens because it looks very inconsistent having product images at different sizes for different collections.

I need the mobile product grid to always remain a 2 per row regardless of how many products are in the collection and desktop to be 4 per row. I have inserted some red boxes to hopefully give you an idea of what I need.

Thanks

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12282 2546 3694

@alex_maiden 

Please share store URL!

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app
alex_maiden
Visitor
3 0 0

You won't be able to see the issue as the site is locked down for Black Friday as stated. I could send you a password but I would have to do that via email as I cannot post that on here as the store is specifically locked from the public until tomorrow.